1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Zarr - Trakehner Stallion

Discussion in 'Horse Breeding' started by Shannon, Dec 13, 2008.

1. EmazingCasper

EmazingCasper Senior Member+

*trys to stop drooling* That guy is one STUNNING animal!

2. Shannon

Shannon Senior Member+

Ooooh aren't you funny :wink:

Sharon, what are your thoughts on Tradition? I don't know if you've mentioned him to me...He looks really amateur friendly.

I need to look him up!

3. ryu2832

ryu2832 Senior Member+

Tradition is Tigre's full brother. There is a very nice (model mare? can't remember) mare from that same cross also. I have not met him. He appears to be a lighter boned version of Tigre. His approval comments were good. "Elastic gaits" "Relaxed and round over jumps" "Very pleasing manner" "Excellent Trakehner type" Let me know if you are seriously considering either of the Butow boys.

The 2009 auction list:
    http://americantrakehner.com/stallions/serviceauction/Auction/search_results.asp

Lots of good looking guys on there.

4. ryu2832

ryu2832 Senior Member+

Did you look at Donaudeen? That could be a good cross--more hunter, I love his head. It could be a real value breeding for a nice hunter mount.

5. Shannon

Shannon Senior Member+

*Slaps head* I didn't even REALIZE Tradition and Tigre were full brothers. I knew both were by Butow (who I could drool over him for days) but I didn't notice they had the same dam. Tradition also seems to be a bit more compact.

There is just so much more available info(and VIDEOS) on/of Tradition. I wish Tigre had more reading material.

I think currently, Tigre, Tzigane, and Tradition are topping my list. I need to do more research on Graditz vs Butow(even though both Tigre & Tradition are also out of a Graditz mare). Who knows what else will pop up before I am able to breed though ;) I'm probably looking at 2011.

Nope! I'll go look at him now :)

Oh, and as for Rubinesque...I like him a lot, but I really really don't want to breed to another Anglo-Trakehner. Just a personal preference I guess? Probably a silly one though!

I've got a lot of time on my hands and have a couple questions maybe you could answer :) Is there any pattern to the naming? I know you have the C-lines and L-lines etc in Holsteiners and with the DWB you have a different letter every year...How does it work with Trakes? Reina is registered as Tropical Reign, and both her sire (Talon DF) and her dam (Tropical Sky xx) had names that started with T :wink:

And, her 2010 foal will be by Yeager, who obviously is not an approved Trake, will the foal be able to get any sort of ATA papers? The foal will be slightly over 50% Trakehner, considering Yeager is out of a Trake mare named Amadine and his sire goes back to Marduc. I know the leasor has emailed the ATA, but I thought maybe you would know :)

Thank you!!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  6. SuZQuzie

SuZQuzie Senior Member+

Shannon, I saw that you were looking at Contendor. I highly advise against going for any of the Signature stallions. Their owner is rather questionable morally and there are rumors of him being up to no good.

Notice that he still has Liostro at stud at the age 28. Hmm...

Shannon likes this.
  7. Shannon

Shannon Senior Member+

LOL Suzie trust me, I know. It's just depressing to know that such nice horses are in such crummy hands. I have a feeling none of those stallions look anything like they do, condition wise, in the pictures on their website ;)

8. SuZQuzie

SuZQuzie Senior Member+

I actually looked at Liostro a long time ago at their facilities. He was rather scruffy to say the least. Funny how they swear that the reason all his babies have big heads if because of their mares, not Liostro, never Liostro. :rolleyes:

Rather reminiscent of Capone, eh? Never again will I go with any stallion with questionable owners.

9. ryu2832

ryu2832 Senior Member+

I don't think Rubi's foals would be considered anglo-Trake anymore than Windfall's would. I wouldn't consider them Anglo-Trake. Once you're approved, you're a Trake.

I don't think the foal by Yeager would be registerable ATA. I think if the stallion isn't approved it has to be full blood Trake registered A or E--and the foals are section D registered. It's good you're asking though, I'm not a good source for the part-bred registry...

Trakes name the foals after the mare.

Butow X Gradtiz = beautiful.

Happy shopping!

10. Shannon

Shannon Senior Member+

Oh no no, a foal by Rubinesque would be just as 50% Trakehner as a foal by Windfall :) I had someone else who wanted to breed her to Windfall; that was not me!

I figured out the naming pattern :) Luckily "T" opens plenty of doors!

Thanks as always for your help; you are a wealth of knowledge :D