Your last bought tack

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Aishi, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Preppy_Ponies

Preppy_Ponies Senior Member

The one grey specific brush is the schimmel (which translate to grey/white). The rest of the kit has slight variations depending on where you get it but seems to include some combo of: military, Cavalierre, Gloss Fellglanz, lippazaner, fellglandzburste, and diva brushes.

2. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

Ah ha! Gotcha. So you have the schimmel. I trust you will love it. I simply adore mine!

LaceyInJuneau and mooselady like this.
  3. Rachel1786

Rachel1786 Senior Member

It's hard to describe, when you rub your hand on it, it almost feels like a mesh texture, here is a close up picture of the backing. I was not expecting it to be so different from their other pads, it definitely feels like it'll be more breathable then the other style.
    20190308_173339.jpg

4. Rhythm 'n Blues

Thanks @Rachel1786! From the other photo it almost looked like it was going to have some kind “anti slip” type bottom. The new photo definitely shows that’s not the case. Looks very woven though, so I’m guessing lots of hair is gonna get stuck in there - similar to the regular ones.

Keep me posted though. They are definitely far more luxurious looking than the older ones!

5. Rachel1786

Rachel1786 Senior Member

The first photo didn't show it well, my cats were eyeballing the new pad so I was trying to be quick lol. It'll probably be a few weeks till I can use it depending on how quickly spring arrives and the ground hardens lol, yes the old pads definitely hold hair like crazy! Hopefully this one wont be quite so bad but I'll update once I use it.

So tonight, after weeks of talking to the seller, I finally committed to buying this wow saddle, it'll probably be a week or 2 before I get it because its shipping from the UK, fingers crossed most of the parts suit Mark and I (from the info I got, they should with the exception of the flaps possibly being too long for me) but we'll find out!
    Screenshot_20190302-011036_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20190302-011013_eBay.jpg

And thanks to @txgray and her blog post (and coupon code!) I just ordered this bit for Mark
    Screenshot_20190308-232500_Firefox.jpg

I'm on a roll lately

mooselady and DocsLglyBlonde like this.
  6. txgray

txgray Senior Member

God, I can't even keep up with the things I buy anymore. :rofl:

Rachel1786 likes this.
  7. DocsLglyBlonde

DocsLglyBlonde Senior Member

I LOVE my Schimmel and Diva!!
    IMG_20190309_065622.jpg
    The Schimmel arrived yesterday and I thought shoot, because there is no way in hays princess is going to tolerate that texture. Much to my surprise, she actually loved it, clipped coat and all! I think it must be the natural fibers are less pokey or something than my equivalent synthetic hard brushes. It's much more stiff than my regular dandy brush. It got loads of hair and stains off of her, and she loved it. The Diva I got is just the mini, and I don't love the elastic hand strap, but it does the job and is quite luxurious, and was like, half the price of the regular one.
    IMG_20190309_065547.jpg
    Does anyone know what brush comes in the Chestnut set that is supposed to get that Chestnut dust off of them? That's my biggest issue with Samson and no combo of these new ones and my old brushes seem to get all the dusties off in the winter. I tried looking it up and it seems it's either the Welsh or Cavaliere but am not positive which one... I wouldn't hesitate to get more though!

Rhythm 'n Blues likes this.
  8. Rhythm 'n Blues

^ Yay!!! Another Schimmel lover. I seriously don't know how I lived without that brush when I had my previous greys!

mooselady and DocsLglyBlonde like this.
  9. billz

billz Full Member

I attended a fund raiser auction last night and scored three bosals for $5.00! I dropped the wire one in the trash on the way out the door but the other two appear to be well made braided leather. I'm going to see if I can clean them and restore the leather that has dried out. I feel like I made a great deal and excited to see what my investment will reveal.

10. uncanny580

uncanny580 Senior Member

Picked up some B Vertigo 3/4 full seat breeches - so far I like them. Have only had one ride in them so hard to tell. But they fit quite nicely. I would buy more in this model, but they only have one color and they made some changes to this years design and they are butt ugly.

Also got some sushi socks from dreamers and schemers !