Your last bought tack

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Aishi, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Caoimhe

Caoimhe Senior Member

It was a bit weird at first, however it definitely has a “twist” to it, so I didn’t feel uncomfortable at all on my super wide guy.

It also does NOT move, I had my girth loose enough to slide my hand back and forth under it. The first day he was a bit fiery (first time riding him in ages) and it handled his little crow hops wonderfully haha! I think once he realized that it wasn’t causing him pain he settled.

So far I am very, very impressed. It doesn’t cause me any pain either (my Schleese KILLED my hips, I mean after 20 minutes I would be practically crippled after getting off, and my riding abilities became extremely poor).

Faster Horses likes this.
  2. secuono

secuono Senior Member

Last bought...hmm, that would be a bunch of stuff that I fit together. Fits him like a dream & we're finally getting places!
    Hopefully, you can figure it out. =)
    20190104_160257.jpg
    FB_IMG_1549583989816.jpg
    FB_IMG_1549584075828.jpg

3. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

4. CarlisleChipper

CarlisleChipper Senior Member+

9BBC482E-421B-4EDE-BD95-C091A0CAB6E6.jpeg A5BC39D4-B786-4AC0-AB73-9D486A878241.jpeg

Henry’s new Nunn Finer figure 8, Henri de Rivel breastplate, and a smartpak fleece cooler.

MIEventer likes this.
  5. kb1gra

kb1gra Senior Member

Yours isn’t eventing legal. The bit must be round and your has flat edges.

6. draftmare

draftmare Full Member

I think the picture is deceptive. Mine is tube shaped, similar to a rolled bridle.

7. secuono

secuono Senior Member

Bingo! cookie_1f36a.png A cookie for you!
    It is, skeleton rig/bare bones style. A tree, a cushion for my bum & the rigging.
    FB_IMG_1549651082625.jpg

8. barrel_racer64

Yum! Very interesting! Is there a reason they/you went with the English stirrups instead of utilizing the fender slot with regular western fenders (since it is a western tree, purely curious!) More freedom of movement for your legs?

9. secuono

secuono Senior Member

Already had the webbers from my past dressage saddle. Lighter, much closer feel, easier to adjust, zero pinch & I wanted to continue using my Compositi stirrups.
    It feels like I'm nearly bareback in it, there's that much contact with no skirts or fenders separating us. He responds better bareback in general and I noticed at some point, that he is far worse to leg in a western. I pulled the fenders off a saddle once and rode w/o them, he was great.
    So, this bare tree and thin webbers really help communication while also having the added bonus of feeling secure with stirrups and western tree perks, too. Love it.
    I started ponying my others around for the experience and exercise. It being a horned western, was that extra perk, can insist ponies come along and also use it as an Oh S**t strap. Lol
    You may also note that the pad is also not typical, contoured. 1 inch thick, but its actually two 1/2" pads. The bottom one has high and wide thigh cut outs, so that my leg is even closer and it happened to be a bit nicer for my hip joints.

10. barrel_racer64

Very cool! It makes sense to remove as much as possible under your leg. Glad you found a saddle that is working so well for you and your guy!

secuono likes this.