Your last bought tack

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Aishi, Jun 15, 2013.

1. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

That makes sense. Like I said, I'm not familiar with the rules of the different federations, or why they do/don't approve different bits. I just know that there have been a lot of progress made with different organizations accepting leather bits, and a lot of people wishing they were dressage legal.

2. kb1gra

kb1gra Senior Member

There definitely are people who want it. They just have held really firm on the smooth surface requirement.

barrel_racer64 likes this.
  3. hamerface

hamerface Senior Member

I wonder if a rolled round would work

4. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

there's still a stitch line though......

5. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

There is a way to recess the stitching so that its virtually invisible. I'm headed down to my shop to work, maybe I'll play around with one.

6. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

I have quite a bit of rolled tack. I agree, but there is still a stitch line. When dealing with “rules” a stitch line is a stitch line unfortunately.

7. hamerface

hamerface Senior Member

I've seen them rounded without. Whether its rolled or rounded with a rounder I dont know. Perhaps both. Attaching it to the rings would still yield a line of some sort, so therein would be the tricky part.

8. draftmare

draftmare Full Member

The stitch line on mine is recessed, you can't really feel anything when running your finger across it, and I highly doubt my horse feels it either. I will always find it odd that eventing dressage allows things that regular dressage does not. In my mind the rules should be the same across both. Especially if USEF/USDF is sighting the fact that they are afraid the bit will break, and yet allow it in eventing dressage.

9. Caoimhe

Caoimhe Senior Member

I just finished up a demo with a ghost saddle! My guy has NEVER been happier and more forward. I have always been against treeless, however this saddle seems to be working wonders for him. :cheerleader:

I’ll be keeping a close eye on his back (along with chiro and massage). But now I can finally start to slowly get him down to a better weight with some steady exercise. :whistle:

Attached Files:

Larkspade and mooselady like this.
  10. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

Keep us updated! I've seen them promoted by Galloping Grape and they look nice.

Caoimhe likes this.