Your last bought tack

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Aishi, Jun 15, 2013.

1. CessBee

CessBee Senior Member

Just brought one of these, we're having a struggling finding a bit that suit's Piper's mouth, she's got such a big tongue and a narrow mouth, so at this point we're trying just about anything. This is one of the options, but it's also a bit that I'd like to have in my repitoir anyway.
    IMG_20181231_133031.jpg

2. CabterCrazy

CabterCrazy Senior Member

I bought a pair of mecate reins, and we bought about 8 saddles in a lot with 6 bridles Lady used them on her drafts and draft crosses. They need a good cleaning and some minor repairs, but we got a steal of a deal on them. And hopefully one or two fit the big man!

3. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

Good thinking:idea:

mooselady likes this.
  4. barrel_racer64

Let me know how you like that bit, I've seen it pop up a few times and since alternative bits are my specialty, its intriguing to me. If it doesn't work for your mare, you might try a leather bit :)

5. CessBee

CessBee Senior Member

Will do!
    She doesn't like things on her tounge too much and constantly gets her tongue over the bit if it's not sitting up high enough in her mouth. She's been better in mullen mouths, but they've all been a bit too thick for her, so this one is quite thin, so hopefully has room for her tongue, next on the list is a myler type, ported bit. Would also like to give the bomber happy mouth bits a go, but this was the cheapest of the three that I've looked at, so it's the first to try haha.
    Ideally I'd just have her bitless, but if I ever need to sell her, not being trained with a bit will make her harder to sell.

barrel_racer64 likes this.
  6. CessBee

CessBee Senior Member

49007357_392114948193700_4668273024301006848_n.jpg

Not the mare it's intended for, but Cessna seemed to like it, she just held it there quietly, while normally she would chew and even grind her teeth with other bits.

I'm wondering how much of it comes down to how insanely light it is, I weighed it and it weighs only 80gm just under 3 oz, compared to her old bit which is over 300gms, 10.5 oz. That's pretty crazy weight difference. Will have to see how it rides when I have more time though.

Puddincup and barrel_racer64 like this.
  7. draftmare

draftmare Full Member

New saddle for Christmas. :eek:
    I've been jumping around in an 17.5, but if I am being honest with myself I really need an 18.5. Right before Christmas I got lucky and sold both of my western saddles for my asking price, so I splurged and got myself a properly fitting jump saddle.

Then I had to get myself a saddle pad to fit it a bit better.

I also had to get myself a different size girth, but that's not nearly as exciting.

8. SunnyCideBay

SunnyCideBay Registered

My last bought tack wasn't actually purchased by me. It was a gift from my aunt for Christmas. She got me a soft halter for my horse Sunny. It's a Rambo and it's nicely padded and fleece lined. I was skeptical about the fit of it because it only adjusts on one side but now I love it. My horse listens better in it.

9. barrel_racer64

Well, I sold a saddle. And we all know what that means:rolleyes: I also bought a second hand ThinLine western pad, hopefully it will be here Saturday, and something else will be here on Monday or Tuesday:whistle:

RosasCantina and mooselady like this.
  10. DocsLglyBlonde

DocsLglyBlonde Senior Member

Oh my goodness the burgundy BOT... :loveflag:
    6201698AB661DBC735A3A813E940FBA9.jpg
    This is why we treat ourselves.