Your last bought tack

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Aishi, Jun 15, 2013.

1. txgray

txgray Senior Member

I already have brown boots! But I need a new schooling helmet (the GPA is at the end of it's life span) and since I already have a black CO and a navy Samshield, I figured I should add brown to the mix!

DocsLglyBlonde likes this.
  2. txgray

txgray Senior Member

Truth be told I really want a brown and rose gold samshield but I don't want to fork over $$$ because I'm spending all my extra cash to go show at Chatt for 2 weeks this summer. #horsepeopleproblems

DocsLglyBlonde likes this.
  3. kb1gra

kb1gra Senior Member

I picked up my brown shadowmatte from Equiport for less than $300 shipped so that might be an option too.

4. RosasCantina

RosasCantina Full Member

I went and bought my mare some new saddle pads :X3: my excuse.. it was my birthday this weekend .. so why not ... :idea: So I ordered two LeMieux pads in Peacock green and Benetton Blue :whistle:

new peacock GP.jpg PS-SuedeGPBBlue-LR.jpg

5. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Fergie now has shipping boots, bought a lightly used set of Amigos for $30.
    I then spent a very satisfying evening cleaning the Velcro!
    FF32A61A-4D95-428A-94DF-5C065A89A36D.jpeg

6. waresbear

waresbear Senior Member

A sheepskin half pad. A lady at a horse show opened up a tack/consignment shop at her barn. Of course I had to check it out! Dangerous place for me, she has a lot of neat stuff! Oh & a pair of pink camo Zocks.

7. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

So I was debating for a while if I should buy some items, kept putting them in my cart, and then closing the tab.

The other day I decided to buy, so actually logged into my account for the first time in months. Thought the total was a bit high, then I checked, 3 cactus cloths, 2 pairs of gloves and 3 pairs of spurs! When I cut it down to one of each it was a bargain, so I paid up happily!

Rhythm 'n Blues and uncanny580 like this.
  8. txgray

txgray Senior Member

Well I had a bout of temporary insanity there for like... a week, and somehow accrued a few things.

I finally caved and bought a navy Motionlite, because I found one new for $130 shipped. Couldn't pass that up. I regret nothing, I love this thing and think it'll be great for showing at Chatt next month. I'm all about that mesh life.

[​IMG]

I also picked up a new brown One K for $99. I'm definitely glad I got the long oval, because it's still barely oval enough to fit me. I expected to love it, based on everyone else's feedback, but so far I'm just meh about it. Definitely prefer my Samshield. I do like the brown though.

[​IMG]

I also finally caved and ordered the Quick Knot thingies. I kind of hate myself for paying that much for a package of glorified paper clips, but they do work, and they're really fast.

[​IMG]

Oh and a few shirts fell in my cart a few weeks ago when Dover did their 50% off sale. That's basically the only way I'll buy anything from them. No complaints though, all 3 shirts together were $75.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I can't remember if I posted about Presto's awesome studded bonnet or not yet. Yes I ordered a bonnet for the yearling. I know. I know. But I had this idea in my head, and then I was talking to my friend the bonnet maker, and then she just like... poof, made it happen. So. Ya know. In a couple years he can wear it. :crazy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The other stuff I picked up isn't all that interesting. New jar of poultice, more stud hole plugs, a couple of replacement studs because I seem to have lost some, a new hay net, another pair of Roeckl gloves (those were free!), electrolytes, ulcer meds, some black spray for the yearling's gross tail because he has his first FEH class this weekend... stuff like that.

I'm cutting myself off again for a while. At least until after the summer shows.

9. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

WOW nice bargain shopping @txgray that One K was nearly a give away...

10. txgray

txgray Senior Member

That's why I'm not too upset about not being in love with it! LOL

mooselady and hamerface like this.