Your last bought tack

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Aishi, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Fancy That

Fancy That Senior Member

Also @shell7897 my experience in "drop" is for NON-dressage boots. That's critical. I just realized you didn't say if they were dressage boots or not.

My friend just ordered DRESSAGE DeNiro boots and they have the stiff whale-bone back spine so they won't drop. My experience is only with the tall boots you use in H/J, and very soft. Plus if they start off too tall, just put a heel lift in the boot! Sometimes I leave the heel lift in

shell7897 likes this.
  2. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

^ there will be some drop - just not the same amount as H/J boots.
    Trust me, I had heel lifts in my stiff Dressage boots & my stirrups 2-3 holes longer as I went through the break in period! It's a tenacious task in order to ensure you don't get "dents" at the front of the calf, but so worth it in the end. :love:

Fancy That likes this.
  3. Rhythm 'n Blues

Half bought.....half made......but still freaking fantastic!!

Can't wait to try it out tomorrow! Fat-Boy-Whiskers doesn't have a clue :ROFLMAO:
    IMG_0718.JPG

4. Fancy That

Fancy That Senior Member

Nice. I like the placement of the throatlatch, more forward, to prevent twisting. Looks like you could use it for riding too...not just lunging

5. Fancy That

Fancy That Senior Member

What is the elastic exercise band thing? The saddle pad is cute

6. Rhythm 'n Blues

@Fancy That

The saddle pad is one I did a few years ago when someone handed me a BoT saddle pad with holes where the girth & riders legs go. Figured it would be a good pad to use to make this.

They are resistance bands. There is an equine version, but at $220 (usd) I knew I could make it for way less! I was right. This was less than $20 (cad) but then again I had the clips & the pad - just had to buy the resistance bands.

Anyways, one band goes under the belly & one behind the hind legs. They help enfluence to the horse to use different muscles. Tried it out on Whiskers today with amazing results with just our intro session! Pretty excited to see what it can do for Fez & the others :)

Fancy That, Larkspade and mooselady like this.
  7. E90Style

E90Style Senior Member

My Ariat Heritage Knee Patch Breeches arrived. I wore them Saturday for my lesson. They feel amazing. They fit pretty good. These are a 24 R. I like these more so than the Tailored Sportsman I bought two weeks ago. HOWEVER there is a very potent chemical smell to them. Even after I washed them twice. I don't smell it when I'm out side though which is good. It's like that new car smell lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

my child is hilarious, She was looking and pulling at my belt (from Tredstep Ireland.) She dressed herself that day lol. :ROFLMAO:

Fancy That and stephanie like this.
  8. Blue-Roan

Blue-Roan Senior Member

It actually has two straps, a throatlatch and a jaw strap further forwards. I have used it for lunging, ground-driving and riding so far and it's super stable! I always had problems with my old cheap cavesson twisting and sliding around.

Fancy That likes this.
  9. Caoimhe

Caoimhe Senior Member

Where did you buy that cavesson @Blue-Roan ? It looks so well made!

Fancy That likes this.
  10. Blue-Roan

Blue-Roan Senior Member

I found it brand new at a consignment tack store, but the brand is Horka.

Fancy That likes this.