Your Favorite Recipes

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by E90Style, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Kappa

Kappa Senior Member

I'm doing it for both. After about two months I feel fabulous, have tons of energy, and have lost about 20 pounds so far. I'm also gaining muscle though, since I work out about 45 minutes 4-5 days a week. I also only eat about two meals a day, and not what people would consider full meals. It was the change I needed. After getting off pasta and bread and stuff I do not foresee going back to it in the future. I don't really miss it at all (except potato chips, but even that craving is lessening). Once you realize what you're putting in your body, and in what quantities, they don't taste as good.

I love vegetables too, that helps tremendously. A friend and I were discussing getting into actual ketosis and I am considering doing like a two week round.

endurgirl likes this.
  2. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

@Kappa I have been in ketosis before. Other than the taste in your mouth, it's great. The not hungry feeling is mind blowing lol

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  3. E90Style

E90Style Senior Member

Im sitting here eating Krispy Kreme donuts and this thread is making me even more hungry.

4. E90Style

E90Style Senior Member

pineapple. That's an interesting add on. I will definitely try this

NBChoice likes this.
  5. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Ketosis is effective but not really necessary IMO for a lot of people unless you want a rapid drop. I think actually it's more efficient to go ketosis first then elevate your carbs and sustain.

6. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

No, if you're in ketosis, you up your fats to maintain. You do not up carbs. Keto diet is a lifestyle, carbs are inflammatory and your body DOES NOT need carbs, ever. They're just good to the palate. Lol.

I feel a huge difference in my body aches when I cut carbs for a week, minimal back pain. Some people's vision has improved when they began keto. Carbs are bad for our bodies.

Kappa likes this.
  7. rhen

rhen Senior Member

I have a Hiatal Hernia....I wonder if cutting out carbs would help my belly. I'm always looking for something to help that. What is "Keto"?

8. E90Style

E90Style Senior Member

But they taste soooo good. I am bad and need to be better. I eat carbs with every single meal. Every single day.

9. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

It is short for ketogenic diet, which was originally developed for epilepsy. It's a high fat diet, very low carbs. It is also very effective for weight loss, along with helping with PCOS, depression, diabetes, some cancer (because cancer uses sugar to grow), joint pain, etc (the list is long).

Your fat and protein intake is based on your height, carbs are ALWAYS below 20 grams, which is what causes ketosis to occur, the restriction of carbs makes your body burn fat for energy.

There's a really really knowledgeable group on Facebook, Ketogenic Dieters, if you have any questions, I can try to help based on what I've learned.

Fyi, forget what you were taught in school your body does not need carbohydrates. You will learn so much.

10. Puddincup

Puddincup Full Member

I make stirfry at least once a week. Usually it's chicken or beef strips and load of broccoli, cauliflower, onions, bell peppers, and carrots. Occasionally mushrooms, string beans, or I'll even throw in a few slices of zucchini. I tried it with shrimp last time and that was great! I like noodle or rice with it but the hubby doesn't, and when it comes down to it...I don't feel like cleaning another pot or pan so I just skip it. :cool: It's healthier anyways. And if salt and pepper isn't enough for taste we use some A1 steak sauce.

We eat a lot of salads and have a regular taco tuesday.
    Tonight the meal is going to be grilled buffalo chicken breast with a butterfly cut stuffed with some fresh mozzarella cheese, The hot sauce mixture is then brushed on the chicken with each flip on the grill. We usually have a small salad or some cooked veggies on the side with it. Tonight is grilled mushrooms and broccoli on the side. Maybe some grilled zucchini since we have quite a bit of that right now.