1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Your favorite manure fork!

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by FarFromOver, Nov 17, 2009.

1. rileynbob

rileynbob Senior Member

They come in black too, i have always used the purple ones though.

Here is the air manure fork:D
    http://www.airmanurefork.com/products.htm

2. FarFromOver

FarFromOver Senior Member+

Oh, wow....only $100! :rofl:
    Is the Future Fork plastic? I can't remember...:no:

3. rileynbob

rileynbob Senior Member

Yep, they are plastic

4. QtrHrsMomma

QtrHrsMomma Senior Member

Duraforks are the best in plastic forks.. I had one for like 12 years before someone else broke it for me... LOL I never break forks - my friends and hubby do it for me. LOL

5. FarFromOver

^^That's what I'm afraid of! Do you think if I keep it locked in the trailer and only I have the key, that it will stay in one piece? :rofl:

6. RockHorseRanch

RockHorseRanch Senior Member

My favorite one of all time is made by Foxwise (I believe) it's got an aluminum ergonomic shaft with a nice handle, one you can grab ahold of and the basket was plastic, with sides on it so you didn't lose your load. I think they run about $35-40 - it belonged to my friend - she got it at Murdocks/Big R, but I could never find one again except on line.

So I use the ones from Intrepid - they are completely fine. Comes in a smaller version for stuffing in the tack compartment also. Plus most of these plastic head manure forks, you can replace the heads when they break up - very cheaply - $10 or less.

7. SouthernTrailsG

SouthernTrailsG Senior Member

That is a good one, but I have a better solution :D:D

I finally got tired of spending money, so I trained my Horses to push the button which unlocks the stall, walk to the far side of the pasture, do their business and come back and lock themselves back in the stall.

8. Lacys Mom

Lacys Mom Senior Member+

Hubby got me one of those and it's definitely easier on my back than a straight-handled fork. I favor lightweight ones over heavy.

9. FarFromOver

LOL but what about the ones that will only do their business IN the stall?:confused:

10. noreins

noreins Senior Member

Okay my first though was... it's really not that big of a deal to shake the shaving out... then when he turned it on I had a lightbulb moment... How would a horse react to that thing?!?

Anytime I cleaned stalls the horses were still in them (unless I was digging the stall out for new shavings) and just imagined Hooker trying to climb the wall...

And I agree that thing takes forever... I would feel kinda dumb holding the darn thing while it "shook".