Yet another proton thread.... NAME question pg.9

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AprilBride2012, May 11, 2015.

1. AprilBride2012

AprilBride2012 Senior Member

Cause my pregnancy test was so positive!

Baby #2 due January 20th. :)

Oaks, PleasantNights, pippy and 15 others like this.
  2. bnttyra

bnttyra Senior Member

Awww!! Congrats!!!

3. AprilBride2012

Thanks! It hasn't sunk in yet.

I have to talk things out to process, and hubs is in the middle of end-of semester papers, and he's super stressed. He knows I'm preggo, but has filed that tidbit away until he's done with papers.

But then sometimes it does sink in, and I'm super excited!

Charliemyheart and bnttyra like this.
  4. ChestersMomma

ChestersMomma Senior Moderator Staff Member

Congratulations!

5. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

Congratulations!

6. AprilBride2012

Thank you both!

7. AprilBride2012

4 weeks and 3 days along..... this takes forever.

Symptoms are already making themselves known. It's like they have friends and enemies, and only one body to torment... so they take turns. I either am tired and hungry all the time, or have tons of energy with all day sickness. Acne gets along with everyone, my face looks like a 12 year old boy. Cramps and backaches show up to the party if I invite them by not drinking enough water.

And.... hubs made me go to the back bedroom with the dog tonight.

We ordered chinese, and the last 3 times we've ordered, they RANG THE DOORBELL instead of knocking, like I so politely ask. Baby (Toddler, really.... 16 months in a couple days!) goes down at 7, and if the doorbell rings, the dog goes nuts for at least ten minutes. Sometimes wakes up baby, and then she doesn't go back to sleep for 1-2 hours. Anyway. The place we order from has online ordering, and in the notes, I wrote a novel. "Please, for the love of all that is holy, lightly knock on the door. If you ring the bell, the dog will bark until every baby in the neighborhood is awake, and while I can't speak for the other babies, mine has been an absolute terror today and she needs her sleep. Please knock on the door and don't ring the doorbell."

Somehow, hubs knew I was venting on the poor online order form, and asked me to read what I had written. He helped me edit it down. "PLEASE, do NOT ring the doorbell! Baby is sleeping!" Short, simple, to the point.

It didn't work. HE RANG THE DAGNABBIT DOORBELL! I grabbed the dog, took one look at hubs, and he firmly asked me to take the dog to the back of the house. I did, and the whole way there I muttered what I wanted to say to the delivery guy that OBVIOUSLY can't comprehend what the word "knock" means. Baby was fine. Slept through the whole thing. We've never been quiet around her, and not much wakes her up... but when something wakes her up, it really is 1-2 hours before she goes back to sleep.

Oh! My sense of smell. I think an ant let one rip about a mile away, and I smelled it. Skunk got run over 15 miles away.... I can smell it. Little kid across the street needs to start wearing deoderant. Know how I know? I can SMELL HIM from across the street.

3 people like this.
  8. prairiesongks

prairiesongks Senior Member

Congratulations! Hope your hubby quickly gets the paper finished so you can share the news with him:D.

9. AprilBride2012

He is done with papers, and he is very excited!

1 person likes this.
  10. AprilBride2012

Had our first ultrasound! Adjusted due date is January 18th, the day before Baby's birthday. Saw the heartbeat! Toddler's ultrasound, she looked like a perfect little gummy bear. This one looks like a smudge in my uterus, so I call it Smudge. I go back and forth on boy or girl, but right now, I want a girl. And I'm 98% sure this is my last one. I am so miserable. I haven't thrown up yet, but I am on the edge all day. I actually retched at lunch, Hubs was the only one to see it.

And Zofran has questionable links to birth defects, especially when taken in the first trimester. I think I cried when I read that. No joke.

Sigh. 34 more weeks.

1 person likes this.