YAY of the Day

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mooselady, May 4, 2018.

1. waresbear

waresbear Senior Member

A Yay for yesterday. Went to the local annual Mother's day show, been supporting it for decades. Ran into an old show buddy who quit lessons and showing a few years ago after his wife died suddenly. He said he is ready to try again but his horses, who were on the hot side to begin with, haven't been ridden since he lost his wife. I offered to haul both my show horses to lessons and he can ride one of them, he said he just might take me up on the offer. My coach & I were in tears, we missed him terribly, he was a former bronc rider who met his wife and took up her passion, pleasure & equitation. He took lessons with his wife, showed the hot Appaloosas she so adored and even asked us gals how his butt looks in his new chaps, lol! A picture of him holding on to Otis for me. I think they look pretty good together, don't you think? 128.JPG

2. ginster

ginster Senior Member

I LOVE that show. Got cancelled WAY too soon!
    These are so cool!
    Can you use screws on your chair? Otherwise I´d go with heavy duty glue....

peg4x4, Arem and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  3. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Ditto, but then I'm a huge sci-fi fan. Cool @peg4x4 :heartbeat:

peg4x4 likes this.
  4. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

YaY, got my sling off. Found out it's called a pillow sling......nothing pillowy about it~!!
    If you ask me. o_O

Now off to the gripe thread for the rest...:redhorse:

ginster, mooselady and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  5. secuono

secuono Senior Member

I was looking for this thread the other day, but couldn't remember what it was called. =/

He surprises me all the time with how brave he can be. Who knew he'd end up so awesome?!

I started working with my potato shaped chicken to the end goal of calmly going through a sprinkler, at different settings, by the end of summer. It's something I need to carry a crop for, as he won't believe I am serious otherwise. =/
    Lots of side-eye, some pawing, couple hairy moments, but we've worked up to the spray at near wither height when led/lunged through.
    Either terribly hot n humid or suddenly storming, so it's on pause for now.
    20180515_123344.jpg
    20180515_123544.jpg
    Ridden diagonally through in this one. Hard to see, sorry. I need to remember to zoom in the next time I bring the camera out...
    20180515_123324.jpg

Anywho, that's my Yay of the Day. =)

6. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

YOTD: I'm getting an odd looking likely benign tumor cut from my gum today. It is huge and right by my front tooth, so very noticeable. Everyone always thinks I have food in my teeth, so my smiling has been cut down and lopsided.

So today, after some pain pills and napping, I'll be able to smile again!

7. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Faster Horses likes this.
  8. FaeriesFaith

FaeriesFaith Senior Member

Well...I've booked Miss Fansea in at the trainers. Its official shes going to school.....not sure if that's a yay or not.... I guess the yay is I managed to scrounge up the funds to send her a year sooner then I thought I would.

Fingers crossed shes going to be what I want and not an absolute wingnut that I will have to sell( I need another Summer horse)

Alsosusieq2 and ginster like this.
  9. BluemoonOKy

BluemoonOKy Senior Member

Yay of the day...vet came out and he said "dang, your horses look GOOD. Look how shiny they are!" I love that because all I do is have them on limited pasture, as much orchard grass as they want, some alfalfa, flax, a pint of soaked beep, handful of grain, magnesium citrate and California trace plus. Sev got his hocks injected and I am hoping he is going to feel lots better.

Alsosusieq2 and mooselady like this.
  10. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Good luck and jingling for little pain and a speedy recovery. ;)