YAY of the Day

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mooselady, May 4, 2018.

1. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

My Roofer finally showed up and he agreed to do the barn roof~!! :cheerleader::cowdance::cheerleader::cowdance::cheerleader::cowdance::cheerleader:

It's so difficult to get roofers interested in small jobs around here, that this is REALLY celebration-worthy~!! :D

2. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

Isn't it amazing what modern technology and engineering does for the well being of animals? (Along with just dang good care!)

Good work on keeping the little guys alive. Heat waves suck.

manesntails likes this.
  3. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Some of the high tech solutions are kind of red neck.......like opening a big roller door and letting the breeze blow through!

4. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

5. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

But hey, at least you guys had a big door to open!!

My MIL told me our cows would be happier outside on a 90 degree sunny day. Yes, because cows totally prefer that over a breezy, shady, cool barn!

ginster and Larkspade like this.
  6. Loona

Loona Full Member

Going on vacation today. :cooldance:

7. Charliemyheart

Charliemyheart Senior Member

I got my clothes put away within less than a day of Carlton setting them outside of my room. (I can’t go up stairs from the basement, and carry them up). (I scoot down the stairs, then crawl up them can’t do that with a basket).

equinitis, Alsosusieq2 and Arem like this.
  8. equinitis

equinitis Senior Member

My last day at work then vacation until August 16th!!!!!!! All of my kids and their spouses will be home, my brother and all but one of his kids, various life long friends and who knows who else will be at my place on the 11th for food and fun. I am sure there will be some shooting and riding and we plan to go to the Fair and Rodeo Saturday night. Reba MacEntire will perform for the after the Rode Dance!
    I am beyond excited for this and way over due for some time off of work.

I have a Jewish DIL and I have been researching and practicing some acceptable dishes for her and am nervous and excited to have her try them out. She practically starves around my family of meataterians and I need to fix that so she feels welcome and comfortable. She only likes a small selection of fish/seafood so that has not always been a good fall back for me. She doesn't like shrimp or salmon and those are my two favorties so I am trying to stay away from meat. I have a recipe for seitan that looks good. I will try it this weekend. If it turns out, I have several recipes to use it in including meatball sandwiches and BBQ ribs. Who knows, maybe I will like it too and get healthier! lol

I have also been experimenting with mirror glaze and will have more time to perfect my skills with that too. That stuff is a blast to create with!

Then there is my diabetic mother whom I experiment on all of the time for sugar free/low carb food. I found some ice cream recipes that are diabetic friendly and have made the vanilla version. It was very good so now to play with the flavors. Her favorites are chocolate and black walnut so my ice cream freezer will be busy too. My brother and his wife are always sugar free and low carb for weight control so this ice cream will fit right in for them.

So far for Saturday:
    Brisket and chili beans-these will be prepared in the tradition Brodie style I grew up with. My family is all looking forward to it, lots and lots of great memories associated with these two foods and the smoker i use to make the brisket belonged to my father and was custom built by a reserve USMC tank unit in Waco, Tx., in 1969 or 70! Lots of history, my mother will likely cry a lot.
    grilled asparagas
    potato salad
    baked sweet potato
    corn on the cob
    sauteed mushrooms
    BBQ "ribs"
    hot rolls-My DIL makes the best rolls ever
    ice cream
    mouse cake with mirror glaze
    yum yum cake-I think vanilla this time

I am sure I will add all sorts of treats and stuff. I will have duty over Christmas week so I may try to fit in as many traditional Christmas candy and treats as I can do between now and then since a Christmas gathering is out of the question this year.

I have a new DIL, my oldest eloped last month, and she loves to cook and bake as do my other two DILs. All will be here on the 8th, so we have a few days to create in the kitchen. All three of my boys like to cook so it should be a blast with seven of us gettin' bust. Good thing I have a huge kitchen, 5 burners and a double oven I think!

That was long! Thanks for "reading" me out!

9. CabterCrazy

CabterCrazy Senior Member

@equinitis i hope you enjoy your time off, it sounds like it will be amazing!

equinitis and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  10. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Happy for you, you sound so thrilled ya got me excited lol. Enjoy-!!!

equinitis likes this.