WTH is this?

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by palogal, Jul 10, 2018.

1. slc

slc Senior Member

As my teacher would say, 'it lacks internal logic.'

Or to say it in a simpler way, 'that looks incredibly stupid.'

Generally, an appliance, successfully used, involves well, brief use, but also acts on only one action that is something the horse is having a lot of trouble with. So, for example, a running martingale for a horse that is tossing its head up in the air suddenly and forcefully.

This looks more like someone just rigged up the kitchen sink and threw it at the horse.

manesntails likes this.
  2. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

It never ceases to amaze me what contraptions they come up with.....overkill and SO unnecessary and actually speaks of their riding/training ability. or lack thereof. There's a saying I love...."less is more." This is the amount of "hardware" Sidney has worn on his head all his life:
    Prettysid.jpg

3. palogal

palogal Senior Member

So, we really don't know. I think so far from everyone's input that there's the chambon going over the poll, some kind of shanked bit attached to a martingale attachment (that must have some sort of snaps on it?). I'm still lost on that noseband unless it's just a figure 8 that's put on wrong. And maybe a standing martingale for good measure?

4. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

Unnecessary, that's what it is.

5. Squirt!!

Squirt!! Full Member

That is an amateur train wreck whose relying on gadgets than good training.

6. peg4x4

peg4x4 Senior Member

I think some of it is backward,some of it is upside down. If that horse goes over backwards,I wouldn't blame it!

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  7. uncanny580

uncanny580 Senior Member

I think the noseband is just a regular caveson with a flash attachments and both are improperly adjusted...but looking at the rest of the set up, that is not shocking.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  8. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

I just saw this too. Seems a bit excessive.
    [​IMG]

9. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Well that was fun, tried google reverse image search to see if I could find other examples, got none..

Added 'head set' to the search, got a load of 'visually similar' (not) images, of head sets to listen to music....

Tried again with headsetter, and got so many setters, Red Setters, English Setters, Gordon Setters :rofl::rofl:

10. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

So, this is what I see.....the chambon, the bridle itself, one of those nosebands folks like to crank shut, a bit with a shank and a martingale attached to it, and the reins coming from the top of the bit??? Hard to see what exactly what is in that horse's mouth, but it's got shanks on it.