Wow...just...wow

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by OldGreyMare, Nov 7, 2018.

1. OldGreyMare

OldGreyMare Senior Member

Okay...if you look at the first xray, as if you were standing at Luna's head and then down at the back hoof, to the right there is a nickle size "piece" that you can see, on the pastern, it is a little darker...as if a piece was taken out then put in wrong, is the break or a piece of the bone that broke, above it is an osselet. To the left of that is where the fracture was, that has now calcified. I personally could not "see" it but the vet, who is experienced and trained to read xrays, found it and pointed it out.

Yes, I know the definitions, for the money I am paying to be in nursing school I had better know, but to the every day layman, I used the terms I did to be better understood. But @mooselady is correct in her explanation. I also thank those who were kind in their words and know that yes, my horses care and well being is FIRST and FOREMOST on this farm, both my husband and I will do what has to be done, even those choices that choke you and leave you cold.

I merely wanted to share the xrays and show others what it looked like, who knows, it may of helped someone else. These were for MY and my vet's records so should something else go wrong or go on, we can compare what Luna came with. I also wanted to hear if anyone else had experienced something similar or had ideas or wanted to share their story.

foxtrot and doublelranch like this.
  2. turnnburnlynx

turnnburnlynx Senior Member

I would definitely ask about PRP with this kiddo. After each ride I would do some stretching and icing. It sounds like you are on a good supplement. I think long term soundness will be an issue for sure, but all you can do is your best to keep her comfy . I'm sorry that this is what happened, I know it was probably shocking

OldGreyMare likes this.
  3. ginster

ginster Senior Member

The way this looks it´s amazing she wasn´t three legged lame when this happened. So severely lame that they should´ve done x rays back then. Maybe some stall rest and proper care would have that heal up a bit better.
    I am glad she landed with you @OldGreyMare ; I know you´ll care for her whether she´s rideable or not.

LoveTrail and OldGreyMare like this.
  4. OldGreyMare

OldGreyMare Senior Member

Yes, I think that Luna Belle is fitting in well and that she has decided I am her girl:
    [​IMG]

And she is always wanting kisses, which I am always ready to give her:
    [​IMG]