Wow-Dressage

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by LoveTrail, Jan 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trubandloki

Trubandloki Senior Member

I saw it. I watched the video more than once and I saw it. It happened.

Alsosusieq2 and mooselady like this.
  2. Ziast

Ziast Senior Member

Yea, I watched it before it was taken down. When I saw her jerk his mouth after the final salute I was gobsmacked. Actually gasped. It says a lot when the commentator couldn't help saying "ouch" aloud several times during the ride in response to her spurs and kicks.

Alsosusieq2, Trubandloki and ginster like this.
  3. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

And wow on the judge's credentials or lack there of at a high level competition.

At our AQHA shows I have seen many times where a judge has excused a rider for doing similar things. And even a couple of times the trainer yelling at the rider to cool it.

GotaDunQH and kodemiester like this.
  4. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

LOL, my trainer wont yell at a rider in the ring, but one of the youngsters got dismounted and taken for a walk as soon as she came out of the ring last year, for 'losing it'

DelP, kodemiester and Rhythm 'n Blues like this.
  5. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

Well, most likely if the trainer hadn't done that the rider would have been excused and most likely not do well with those judges the rest of the show. Let alone it can mess up a horse mentally at least for awhile especially when usually it was the rider's fault in the first place.

6. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Eek. Just saw the video of thursday's ride on the site @mooselady linked.
    I like that commentator. The horse is an angel. He could teach her so much but she seems too full of herself to learn.
    I can only assume that lots of money is doing the talking here.
    What was her trainer thinking, sending her out like that?
    Lots and lots of lessons would be more beneficial. That seat. The hands...and a way too free use of the spurs.
    Poor horse...

GotaDunQH and kodemiester like this.
  7. CJ

CJ Senior Member

This doesnt include the ride taken down, but is apparently an earlier one..
    Im with Ginster..get thee a better trainer or many more lessons.
    Shes folded up comparatively like shes more used to hunt seat and tried or got put in a dressage.. and never in my life have I see a serious/ dressage rider Spur near the rear lower corner of a dressage pad, on the flat, let alone repeatedly. :eek: :crazy2:
    Late in the ride, along the left rail after a diagonal, looked to me like the poor horse was really contemplating or trying to hide a desire to buck, small wonder.
    Im not nearly qualified to judge, but Thats So wrong, on so many levels. I Shudder to think worse was displayed, in/the competition :X3:

8. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

This is a case of a rider punishing a horse for that rider's mistakes...hate that stuff.

9. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

There was one point in the vid that wasn't taken down.....where her lower leg was SO FAR back on that horse's loins, then forward again, it reminded of a saddle bronc rider...raking a horse with spurs. She's pretty darn lucky that horse didn't buck her butt off.

10. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

Omg, that poor horse! Watching the Thursday ride which apparently is better than the one taken down. I don't even want to see the one taken down.

What ever happened to working your way up the ladder? It seems like there are so many people who want to get on a horse and ride 2nd level rather than starting at TL and actually learning how to ride. Sad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.