Wow-Dressage

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by LoveTrail, Jan 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Yup that ride was sloppy, the other ride was HORRIBLE.....

Trubandloki and LoveTrail like this.
  2. Garfield70

Garfield70 Senior Member

A lot of show riders these days do not strictly adhere to more traditional training standards. Just look at the epidemic of rollkur/deliberate btv riding.
    They earn money with the sport.

3. ChestersMomma

ChestersMomma Senior Moderator Staff Member

SLC is this you or one of your relatives? I can't think of a reason to so vehemently defend someone who is screwing up. This isn't training level. The time for learning how to ride a horse you own is not at this level of competition. She was dismissed for her actions - that's beyond a bad day.

If this was a western rider dismissed for having a lame horse or bloody sides from spurring... I don't think it would be called a bad day by anyone.

To answer this:
    Money.

Acornicus, Alsosusieq2, Arem and 15 others like this.
  4. BluemoonOKy

BluemoonOKy Senior Member

I can't see the video...but imagine if that type off behavior is occuring in public, imagine what happens behind the barn. Ugh.

5. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

Given how sloppy she rode, my guess is she doesn't ride much. She's had the horse for nine months or more so by now she have at least learned how to ride the basics of the horse.

I think SLC just has dressage people up on a pedestal.

6. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

I'm guessing money. You'll run across them that think if they buy a top level horse, that's a shoo in for them. I ran across that showing as a kid. It was amazing the entitlement attitude. I showed against a couple people that (one I knew personally) had spent way over $25,000 for their horse, showing at youth level 1970. No cutter, barrel or reining stuff, just a ringer for a ribbon. One was a decent rider, the other a brat.

Who knows though on this lady..

7. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

Just wow....I can imagine what the other ride looked like. after watching this one.

8. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Let me help you a little.....think hands looking embarrassingly like mine were a year ago, bouncing and catching, rider looking like a rag doll. Picture hands crossing the neck as she tries to ride her test....that is the ugly stuff. I actually do have sympathy for that, because she either knows it, and lost it all, or she needs better coaching.

The other side of it, and I am truly shocked that any one is defending her, she was getting frustrated and spurring and jerking the horse, even was jerking his mouth around after the last halt.....that I admit is heresay as I couldn’t watch it all the way through. She had her whip in one hand and was applying it with some vigour.....maybe not abusive, but a God awful display of non Dressage.

Acornicus and LoveTrail like this.
  9. Mirage

Mirage Senior Member

:rofl:
    I seriously was going to ask the same thing!
    She's usually the one ripping people apart.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  10. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Arem, Alsosusieq2, GotaDunQH and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.