Wow-Dressage

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by LoveTrail, Jan 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

Look...I think we all know how it happens and how to avoid it. You don't need to educate us on that.

2. ~tiffy~

~tiffy~ Senior Member

No one has said it doesn’t happen. They’ve said it shouldn’t happen.
    Why not just for once, agree?

3. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Not guilty my lord!

4. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Funny-!!

5. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

Wait... it can’t be abuse if the horse doesn’t pitch the rider off!? So the patient, well -mannered horse that will put up with anything is impossible to abuse? That makes absolutely no sense.

Nor does counting what she did with the whip as abuse but not counting what she did to his mouth. A horse’s mouth is far more sensitive than his body and even with his head tucked btv, he’s in a double. That had to be incredibly painful for him. Ignoring her hard and constant spurring is ridiculous too.

Abuse of a horse is not always going to be deliberate and it’s not always going to involve whipping. In this case, I call abuse because of the whole package- the horrible roughness to the mouth, the raking with the spurs, the use of the whip in a manner it’s not meant to be used and the fact that it was all done in anger, taking it out on the horse.

I refuse to break it down into little pieces and offer justification for each. The horse was unjustly punished throughout that ride. That’s abuse in my book.

6. ChestersMomma

ChestersMomma Senior Moderator Staff Member

That's a great way to phrase it. She was punishing him for nothing.

That is worlds different than ignorant beginner riding.mistakes and inexcusable at any level of competition.

Trubandloki, ginster, Arem and 3 others like this.
  7. ginster

ginster Senior Member

The problem is the way you phrase what you write.
    The way you phrase it makes it sounds as if this is quite okay, "c´est la vie".

I agree that this rider isn´t an isolated problem.
    Far from it. And I will never understand how anyone can think "it´s okay" to train with anyone teaching like that.

8. Rachel1786

Rachel1786 Senior Member

That video is great :rofl:, is that Guy McLean? I see him perform at the horse world expo, theater eqqus every year, sounds like him(not just accent, but the narrative too lol)

9. slc

slc Senior Member

But I never said anything like that. Ever. You're assuming that you can read my thoughts, and you can't. If you think I'm saying such and such, ask me if I think that. Don't tell me what I think. That is just wrong.

10. slc

slc Senior Member

Well obviously somebody needs to be told, because it keeps happening to so many people in all disciplines, year after year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.