Women super hero's

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by IslandPony89, Jun 15, 2017.

1. IslandPony89

IslandPony89 Senior Member

Ill admit as a kid growing up I was more interested in Spiderman or Ironman if my comic collection is anything to go by. I remember watching the justice league, teen titans etc but never really getting hooked onto a female superhero

Well last night we went to Wonder-women for my birthday :D and I have to say Im giving Diana a second look as a super hero.

Who was your fav super hero as a kid?

My brother was a batman fan.

ginster likes this.
  2. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Trigger. Not really kidding, never paid attention to the humans. Probably Batman.

3. Kappa

Kappa Senior Member

Flash Gordon. AHHAHHHH HE SAVED EVERYONE OF US
    And Billie Jean from the Legend of Billie Jean.

4. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

Power Rangers!

5. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

I don't idolize immaginary people.
    Heck, I don't idolize real people, Ray Hunt being the one exception.

6. Binca

Binca Senior Member

The Tick! :p

7. savethewhaley

savethewhaley Senior Member

I'm not entirely sure what this post is asking- but Dana Scully gets me every time. A personal superhero. You get it, chica.

ginster likes this.
  8. CupcakeCoquette

CupcakeCoquette Full Member

...spoooooooooon!

Otherwise I go for Batman myself. I didn't have access to comics growing up (they weren't forbidden or anything; they just weren't present), and once I did, I was focused more on anime/manga. But I liked what I saw of Batman, so that led to me picking up things here and there. And my boyfriend, who's also Bat-crazy, DID grow up on comics, and he might have had a shelf ready for me when I got here.

They're mine now. >.>

Though with the exception of Batman himself, I tend to be more about the villains than the heroes. Catwoman and Penguin are always going to be up near the top of the list. They're kind of a weird cycle - Batman Returns was the first real exposure I had, so there's warmfuzzies from that, but part of the reason I wanted to see it in the first place was because, omg, villains themed after two of my favourite animals and one of them's a hot chick with a whip? YESPLEASE. I love classic Harley Quinn specifically because of the ways she's messed up - and I know that's the exact reason some people get squicked by her, too, but I identify with some of her dysfunctions (which is why she loses something for me in her more recent incarnations, where she's moved past the Joker cycle).

I do like Gertie from Marvel's Runaways. There are some things I can identify with there, too. Also, did I mention soulbonded telepathic raptor? Because soulbonded telepathic raptor. >.>

Binca likes this.
  9. DancingArabian

DancingArabian Senior Member

Wonder Woman
    She-Ra

10. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

Don't tell me the pink power ranger isn't real. You will hurt the feelings of poor 5 y.o. Faster Horses from the 90's. :p

manesntails likes this.