Wireless Baby Monitor for Trailer Cam?

Discussion in 'Equestrian Events, Shows, Competitions' started by RampantLion, May 5, 2013.

1. RampantLion

RampantLion Senior Member

Anyone done this? Did it work?

2. RampantLion

Or other inexpensive, easy setup solutions?

3. Baylily

Baylily Senior Member

I've seen the trailer cams, they run about $250, I suppose a baby monitor might be cheaper? While in theory it's sort of a neat idea, I think I would be far too tempted to pull over too much, when there is rarely much that can be done! I like to drive with the radio on so as not to stress myself out too much thinking about what she does back there, or stop at the littlest noise or movement (My trailer has a window, so I can see her in my rear view mirror).

4. RampantLion

Ahh a window would be nice! We don't have that luxury. I got used to having a camera in all the trucks with my bosses and it would be nice to have one if there is a cheap option. I'm sure with all the technology now, I could probably stream something to my iphone...just trying to think of how. I definitely won't be putting $250 into it, though.

5. pitchblackdam38

pitchblackdam38 Senior Member

I know someone who rewired a camera (not sure if it was a baby cam, barn cam or old monitoring system) I know it was older and used, so they got it cheap. Her husband rewired it to the lights, so when the trailer was hooked to the truck and the headlights were on the camera would come on.

There are special cameras that are wireless that they use to watch elderly patients, they're come in color or B&W and they have night vision. I always wanted to play with them and see if they would work in a trailering situation.