Winter found New England

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rhinebeck, Feb 5, 2016.

1. rhinebeck

rhinebeck Senior Member

-groans-

Just as I had hoped we were continuing snow free here I am watching it accumulate :(

:bawling::help:

Was gorgeous out yesterday and the day before - the ring had thawed from the ice we had (finally)..... Now I'm looking at around 2" thus far with more to go (n):cry:

2. rhinebeck

rhinebeck Senior Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I guess the good thing is the dogs love it

TLFC likes this.
  3. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Out on the Canadian Prairies here we are still hiding from winter.....shhhhhhhhhh don't let him find us

Varisha, TLFC and rhinebeck like this.
  4. doublelranch

doublelranch Senior Member

I cringed last year when I read in the Farmer's Almanac that we were due for 24 inches of snow this winter. We have gotten maybe 2". We are either going to get buried soon , or it just didn't get cold enough with all the rain we've had. One storm in December dumped 7" of rain and left us swimming in mud (or frozen mud) all winter. This last Tuesday I drove to work in a thunderstorm with nearly tornadic winds. Mother Nature seems confused. Glad your dogs can at least enjoy it. Me? I'm ready to hear some frogs chirping and get covered in hair from brushing shedding horses.

5. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Hah~!! When I was growing up in New England we always had snow by October and a few Halloweens were out crunching through the recent snow fall~!! I remember being six years old and all bundled up in my snow suit. My mother opened the door and said: "Go on outside". Well, the snow was up to my chin~!!

So, she picked me up by my collar and waist band and went heave-ho and out I went, belly first on top of it~!!

We had a whole month off one year because there was snow right before christmas break week. We had that week off, then Christmas break then there was so much snow that the skylight in the old gymnasium, which was now used as a huge study hall for a couple hundred kids, all day long, had collapsed (wooden window skylights from 1800's) which left a pile of show 8' high in the center of the old gym. So we got another 10 days off so they could fix it. :D

6. rhinebeck

rhinebeck Senior Member

@manesntails those are the winters I grew up in too, it's sad I just got hopeful for a snow free one..

We are sitting at 4" or so now (estimated by Gibbs height comparison) :( I'm not so happy - Gibbs on the other hand is trying to make tunnels as Mouse runs laps

TLFC, manesntails and mooselady like this.
  7. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

I kind of giggle every time I hear the weather this year.

"Significant accumulations, winter weather advisory. Possible 12" over three days."

ROFLMAO. That's hardly snow!

8. rhinebeck

rhinebeck Senior Member

I agree 100% but when hopes are up after a week in the 50°s for a start to spring one can only imagine the feeling

9. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

I remeber being completely floored when I moved to New Jersey and they were forecasting a blizzard.........................................of 18" of snow~!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

rhinebeck likes this.
  10. DocsLglyBlonde

DocsLglyBlonde Senior Member

Us too! We're at about 3 or 4 inches but it's heavy wet stuff. I normally am never so bitter about the winter and snow, but as I've said before, we really just needed a break after last winter. So far I think Winter is doing a decent job at giving it to us! The 50° days thrown in here and there have been really nice (y) I am ready for spring already though.

rhinebeck likes this.