Wierd Face Markings POST AWAY!!

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Wildshot, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

2. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

That's different, I can't wait to see this little darling grown up-!! ;)

3. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

4. Linda Simons

Linda Simons Registered

Hi. I know you posted this a long time ago but how do you know that horse? I've just bought a horse and the foal in your picture 5 years ago looks like my horse. When I bought my horse he didn't have papers. I've been trying to find out as muc as i can about him and thats how i came across This post. if anyone knows anything about this horse like who his parents are or anything at all please let me know. They look like the exact same horse to me. Thanks

Attached Files:

Varisha likes this.
  5. HellsBells180

HellsBells180 Registered

Hey so this is my horse.

1. Nope can’t have sorry.
    2. Left eye is full blue, right is a partial.
    3. I get that she’s awesomely marked but you didn’t have permission to take MY photos off of MY tumblr and post them anywhere.

Please realize that I don’t find taking MY personal photos and posting them anywhere okay. If you’d like to admire her please do it without taking pictures and reposting them.

You can follow her on my blog (saltyequestrian.wordpress.com) or on my Instagram (HellsBells180) but please refrain from taking my photos and reposting them in other places. My friend who found this also found photos on Pinterest thanks to this thread and we both find it a little creepy.

6. Arem

Arem Senior Member

Internet’s a public place. You can’t control what goes where. So either don’t post, water mark, or adjust your privacy settings.

7. HellsBells180

HellsBells180 Registered

Hi there, since I'm not really sure you understand what rights people are actually entitled to expect online I'm going to go ahead and inform you. Because there are a few really screwed up things about what you just tried to tell me.

1. The internet might be a "public place" but that does NOT ENTITLE ANYONE TO USE MY PERSONAL PICTURES WITHOUT MY CONSENT. This is ESPECIALLY true when one of those pictures INCLUDES ME. Know why? Because that is MY likeness and, oh hey, I get to choose where on the internet I go. This actually also goes for my horse, and pictures that I took. They are MINE that does not give the "public" right to take those photos and post them wherever they please. Simply because a picture does not carry a watermark doesn't actually change a thing here. I don't NEED to watermark my images to carry that expectation that they are still MY images. In fact people DO watermark their images because of people like YOU who think it's perfectly okay to take and publish content that is not yours.

2. Since you don't seem to actually understand how copyrighting works let me learn you something. A copyright is automatically attached to anything that is produced by a specific person. Copyrights can actually be attached to published and un-published work and fun fact, copyrights DO NOT have to be registered. These are MY photos and because I took them I can publish them anywhere I please. Because they are MY photos that also means that I have an expectation that NO ONE ELSE is going to be publishing MY photos without MY consent. This expectation can remain even if I don't have "tight" privacy settings.

3. It is absolutely ridiculous that you would insinuate that I need to tighten up on my privacy settings. I am NOT a public figure, I am NOT any sort of "famous" person in the least bit. There are NO published images of my horse in any setting where the image is listed as "free" use. In fact, if there was you'd find it on deviantArt, where I actually have listed images of my dogs as free use for people to use for photo manipulations. My horse is NOT included and none of these images are of quality to be able to use for anything like that. Because none of my images are published, by myself or others, as free use by anyone else on the internet then YES I do have that expectation I'm not going to come stumbling across them on a forum that has a HORRIBLE reputation for taking other people's photos.

4. If you think using people's personal images is a joke I hope you re-think that and immediately grow up. Particularly if any of these images posted ARE explicitly copyrighted OR if any of these images are stock photos, someone could have a reasonable expectation to be paid for the use. If you come at someone who actually has an expectation to be earning money from that photo... well this entire forum could be wiped off the face of the internet.

5. You're entire reaction is extremely screwed up and the proper response in this situation where someone is coming in to say "hey these images belong to me, there was no consent given" is to go "oh, okay that's cool we'll have them taken down." You don't have any rights to any of my photos. Just because they were posted publicly on the internet in any way, shape, or form does NOT magically GIVE you rights to my photos. You cannot take anyone's property without permission and turn around with a "to bad, so sad" type of attitude when you get caught. That is my horse, those are my photos. I am specifically telling you I did not give consent for them to be shared here and I'm telling you that I expect MY property to be removed in a timely manner.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  8. Arem

Arem Senior Member

I think you need to take some major chill pills there, kiddo.

Nobody meant any harm. Nobody was claiming the photos as their own. (And they were shared on this thread FIVE years ago, no less, by a poster who isn’t even active anymore) You posted them on the internet unsecured. The risk of the internet is that your stuff could be reposted elsewhere by someone— anyone. That’s just the nature of the beast. Don’t want it spread around? Don’t post it. First rule of the internet.

DunsNPallys, secuono and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  9. HellsBells180

HellsBells180 Registered

Five years ago or five minutes ago, I am now saying they need to be removed so your response is completely out of line.

"Unsecured" or not they are MY property and I do not want them here. Get it? Got it? Good. Also in case you didn't know Tumblr has a policy where images are not to be "ripped" and reposted so this person also broke Tumblr policy. I don't care that they're "inactive" they've broken quite a few different rules. By arguing with me that I should just somehow get over that my photos were STOLEN AND POSTED SOMEWHERE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION you are making yourself look stupid.

You don't have to claim they are your photos to have stolen them. Those photos obviously do not belong to the person who posted them, they ripped them from a site that has a policy AGAINST that (oh look at that, there is my expectation of privacy you seem to think I'm an idiot for not having, I found it - right where it was supposed to be).

Also first rule of the internet is don't be an idiot who doesn't understand how copyright works, how personal property works, OR how the fact that ANYONE can request THEIR property to be removed from a site at ANY TIME and be WELL within their rights to do so. Don't take photos from people and repost them is the first rule of the internet. Second rule is if you break the first rule and someone confronts you about it, you don't make yourself look like an idiot by arguing. Y'all got caught stealing. Just get over it and stop arguing. Particularly when someone broke another site's policy TO post the images that don't belong to them here.

10. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

I'm in the camp of you're both wrong amd both right.
    Once you put a photo on the internet, it is impossible to control it. And while it is theoretically possible to bring the law down on the heads of those who would trifle with your photos, if you look at the history of those court battles they are a joke, and even in cases where real harm was done ( a woman used the photos of another woman's stillborn twins to fundraise for a 'funeral' is a case that springs to mind) it is actually really hard to legally charge someone with being a jerk.
    Also, I believe to get anyone to take you seriously in a court of law you have to prove harm is being done by the photos of your horse being here, which is not the case.
    I get you are annoyed, but Arem is right-- once you put a photo on the Internet for the public to see, you loose all control of it, so either stop posting, change your privacy settings, or decide that a few strangers admiring your horse is not the emd of the world and move on.

But on the other hamd, if someone says "hey, those are my photo and I don't want them on this site can you remove the', the polite thing to do is comply.
    For that you need an @Admin , a regular member has no control over that.

DunsNPallys, ginster and Alsosusieq2 like this.