Who are my mane pullers?

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by horsey_girl10, Jul 9, 2018.

1. MzCarol

MzCarol Senior Member

We have ours mounted above the stalls and that really helps with any noise issue. They are mounted for easy removal and cleaning.

horsey_girl10 likes this.
  2. horsey_girl10

horsey_girl10 Full Member

I have mine mounted above the stalls, but I have a historic barn and the aisle where people walk is raised, so that puts the fans right about at head level for people :/ I could see how they wouldn't be a problem up high though.

3. horsey_girl10

horsey_girl10 Full Member

4. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Nope. Not so. The fuse only blows if water gets into the system, or you have a power surge that got past your GFCI outlet. No BARN should have outlets that are not GFCI outlets. Where I live, it is against code.

5. StarPattern

StarPattern Senior Member

At the track, we used to have this gelding who LOVED having his mane pulled. Loved, to the point where his lip... and other things.... would droop and he'd go to sleep. Of course, his neighbour went absolutely batty every time we dared pull manes... even if it wasn't her mane. I don't pull my horses' manes because I remember it hurts my fingers. I just roach my Standie's clean off and leave my QH's mane to grow and grow and grow. I trim it once a year just to keep it from tangling in her blanket straps. I get the side eye every time I approach with scissors, so I have to time the trims with her teeth floating - a sedated Vegas is a happy Vegas.

6. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

You Roach your Standardbred's MANE???
    :faint:

BLASPHEMY~!!! :willynilly:

GONE ROPING likes this.
  7. StarPattern

StarPattern Senior Member

If you saw her sorry excuse for a mane, you'd understand. She rubs it out from midway down her neck to her withers and lets other horses eat it, but the first 8 inches after her ears is just gorgeous. Everything else... ugh.

manesntails and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  8. aeternal

aeternal Senior Member

I use a solocomb for this reason but also because even if I wasn't worried about pain, my mare has a very thick mane.. I usually go through 2 solocomb blades for one mane 'pul' on her.

9. MzCarol

MzCarol Senior Member

True, but we both know that more barns are without GFI than are with. Our barn was completely re-wired when we moved in 3 years ago (the entire barn only had 1 light bulb with a pull chain!) so it's all protected wire and GFI