Where My Aldi Lovers At?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mcdreamer, Oct 4, 2018.

1. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

Yes! I agree they have great deals on those types of things too!
    I've also gotten pans and cookie sheets and gardening supplies. I have a couple comforter sets from there (and they only cost me 39.99!!!!!!) and they are lovely and high quality. I've also gotten holiday decorations and lights for half the price of what they usually cost. They also have cheap diapers for all your horse hoof needs (or for your baby needs lol).

Aldi is such a life saver for me. There is no way I could be spending triple what I do now on groceries and still be able to have extra money left over for the month.

2. slc

slc Senior Member

I went through the Amish area on the way home yesterday. There must have been 30 carriage horses hitched up in front of the Aldi store, and there was even overflow in the parking lot next door. Kind of an unspoken advertisement for good prices, LOL! If the Amish are shopping there, the prices are good.

Small? Dirty? No. This place is gorgeous.

3. lucky_pine

lucky_pine Senior Member

I'm with Jim on this one, you couldn't drag me into an Aldis. Every one I have been to has been dirty. Stuff all over floors, produce in bins it wasn't labeled for and tossed in with completely different produce. But the worst is the people. Shame me all you want, but this store attracts the stay at home crunchy type mothers with children that have no discipline. I will not go in there, because I can't stand screaming children, running amuck, while Mom ignores them and doesn't keep them contained. And, the people that just stop and stand in the middle of the aisle while you say "Excuse me, excuse me, EXCUSE ME." Last time I went in there, I had to just shove past someone.

Hyvee doesn't have these issues. Nope. My sanity isn't worth the savings for off brand food.

4. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

Wow that's too bad. :( we have two in town. One isnt in the best part of town so there are some questionable people sometimes, but not like you describe. Both of them are clean and organized.

I usually go at 9am on sundays because it's super quiet then.

5. Mcdreamer

Mcdreamer Senior Member

Aldi announced a little while ago they were giving most of their stores face lifts. Which I think was needed and hopefully improved some of these bad experiences. I too go on Sunday mornings as the Amish aren’t there and it tends to be much quieter.

Alsosusieq2 and manesntails like this.
  6. harli36

harli36 Senior Member

I’m meh on aldis. Our local store is really old with broken tiles all over, light bulbs that are out etc. It’s also small so the selection is poor. Two people in my house have milk allegies so there isn’t a lot of processed foods we eat plus we need to buy ‘fake’ traditionally dairy products, like dairy free butter, almond milk etc. Aldis by us has almond milk but I need to drive elsewhere for our other weekly needs like butter. I find most of the stuff in our Aldis is highly processed(which means it has milk in it) there are very few from scratch ingredients. They have improved their produce section but it varies from week to week and I can’t count on them having the things I need on a regular basis. I shop at a large grocery store where I can get everything I need except for meat. For meat I shop at the awesome butcher down the road from my house. I may pay a little more but time is money. I feel like I save more money in time and gas doing it that way then shopping at three different stores for everything I need.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  7. Copper17

Copper17 Full Member

The Aldis near us just got a Mich needed face lift and it is a million times nicer now. But we prefer going to the bigger stores to reduce the running around

Mcdreamer and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  8. QHshowmanship

QHshowmanship Senior Member

Ours just opened a couple years ago. I started going the end of last year. I try to do it once a month but when I leave I feel like I walked out with enough to show for what I spent. In the winter months I buy all our fruits/veggies there. Bagged salads (that come complete with dressing and all) are great. I always buy a few of those! Ours is rather clean and people are friendly. I just avoid going on the weekend and later in the evening to avoid the crowds.