1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Featured Where are you from?

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by NikkiBlaze14, Mar 2, 2017.

1. NikkiBlaze14

NikkiBlaze14 Full Member

Hey all, just thought I'd start a post about where we are all from.
    I'm from Ohio...Where once day it's 80°f and the next it's 30°f and snowing!

2. RelaxMax

RelaxMax Senior Member

Richmond, Virginia, USA! Capitol of the Confederacy, if youre into history like me.

Best city on the east coast -- inconsistent weather but plenty to do, lots of breweries, great restaurants, and that riivvverrr.

2 hours north to the mountains, 2 hours east to the beaches.

Living in central VA means most places I travel to are around the same distance.

3. NikkiBlaze14

NikkiBlaze14 Full Member

Robert E. Lee is my favorite of all time! I did many research papers on that man!

It did beautiful there!!

RelaxMax and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  4. ccclgriffin

ccclgriffin Registered

Right between the two of you in West Virginia!

5. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Kansas here, where it can be eighty degrees and two hours later you're grabbing a coat. Always changeable weather. Not much to do for excitement, but it's a great area to live as far as horses. We've been known to come over a hill and slam on our brakes to watch a herd of buffalo too. Oh, and tornadoes.;)

6. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

Bay Area of California, just outside of San Jose. Silicon Valley. Beautiful, fun and unaffordable! Anything you could possibly want within 20 minutes - wilderness, city, night life, redwoods, theater, ocean, history, museums, concerts. If I want snow, I can drive to it - great skiing not that far away.

Trouble is it costs a fortune to live here.

7. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

Kaaaaaaaansas.

NikkiBlaze14 likes this.
  8. Binca

Binca Senior Member

The edge of the Adelaide Hills, South Australia. So typical South Aussie weather (heatwave, then rain, then heatwave, then storm and more rain and freezing, back to heatwave now). Close enough to the city, but just as close to the hills or more country locations. It's quite convenient. And just in the suburbs which means less of a bushfire risk.

9. NikkiBlaze14

NikkiBlaze14 Full Member

We visited Missouri and some of Kansas for a wedding last year and we LOVED it out that way. Nice to know the weather is round about the same as where we are, except a bit warmer than here. I'd love to move out there. What's it like price wise to live?

10. NikkiBlaze14

NikkiBlaze14 Full Member

Lol yes unfortunately California is quite expensive, but if it weren't, we would love to go there. I'd like to at least visit there.