Where are all the 'PMU' foals coming from?

Discussion in 'Horse Rescue / Adoption' started by meljean, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Figures they'd do that. Most people are easier to fool than convince they've been fooled.

meljean, CoffeeBean and mooselady like this.
  2. reicheru

reicheru Senior Member

Riiiiight. I try to open minded about a lot of things but the story they were weaving stunk to high heaven. I hate being tricked out of my money, but I try to limit those disruntled feelings towards the turd stealing my money.

meljean, CoffeeBean and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  3. CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean Senior Member

People's emotions (and pride) are caught up in their purchase and the backstory. Evidence that they were swindled goes one of two ways:

1) They're embarrassed and cling harder to the lie they bought (most common)
    2) They realize they were scammed and get ANGRY

JStorry, meljean and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  4. meljean

meljean Senior Member

UPDATE: What originally started as "PMU foals", 200 of them, give or take....well those are all gone now to their new homes, wherever that may be.

So..this weekend there are now 75 more foals, at the same place, and these are supposedly off the reservation? Woman that had shared there were more foals, is trying to pin down the people who brought them in here to find out where they came from.

We are in Mid-Missouri. Unless I am missing something most of the foals coming off of reservations are in the northwest US, not sure what all is going on in CO and NM and such...but I don't know of any wild horse herds in KS or NE?

300 foals in one month.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  5. reicheru

reicheru Senior Member

I know there are wild horses in Eminence. "KP"/Dealer had rez horses in not too long ago. At 300ish a completely unhandled head, they came out making a killing.

Alsosusieq2 and meljean like this.
  6. meljean

meljean Senior Member

There are supposed to be more on the way in next couple of weeks.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  7. reicheru

reicheru Senior Member

Fools and their money....

CoffeeBean likes this.
  8. Dream27

Dream27 Senior Member

That's crazy. The NAERIC program is actually very cool and until I decided to move, there was a very well bred Appaloosa western pleasure baby that I was possibly considering buying. These are not your "run of the mill" bloodlines either. They're very well bred, and a friend of mine made almost $10k with her NAERIC horse last year at shows. Their paybacks are quite good.

meljean and CoffeeBean like this.