When the weather gets cold, the cold go window shopping!

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by mooselady, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

Yup!! Exactly my same experience. HAAS brushes seriously are amazing....well st least that one is. Lol

2. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

So, random question, but is it possible that the Shimmel brush doesn't seem as affective on other colors because they aren't as easy to see the difference on? I'm just thinking that if it does that good of a job getting a stain out of a gray coat, how effective would it be getting all sorts of gunk off a "regular" coat?

3. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

I have no idea @barrel_racer64 but that does sound entirely plausible.

All I know is I have groomed a lot of grey horses in my life, I have used many different brushes, and I was shocked at the result I got. I’m not entirely convinced about different brushes for different colours, BUT I am sold on the Schimmel for my grey.

Rhythm 'n Blues likes this.
  4. barrel_racer64

I'm tempted to try one on my two reds! Even if the only thing it does is get gunk off their skin it seems like it would be doing its job.

I just found out that there is such a thing as a western cinch with elastic! No idea how well they work, but now I really want one:rofl:
    [​IMG]

mooselady likes this.
  5. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Oooooh, great idea....who makes those..

6. barrel_racer64

I found a Bar J brand one, Triple E, and Lettia. Pro Choice and Toklat also have their own versions. I made a thread about them, so far there isn't a lot of consensus on the actual function and effectiveness on the elastic western cinches.

mooselady likes this.
  7. Rachel1786

Rachel1786 Senior Member

We have similar things at work so that we can safely walk the dogs when it's icy out, they work great! One of the pairs is more of a coil going all around(never used that pair because it's for a larger shoe) and the other pair has little metal studs, that pair I know works great!

doublelranch likes this.
  8. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

We STILL have severe cold warnings, windchills of -40*C today again....this is ridiculous, we are just not getting a break.

And my knee hurts...

Which is why I kind of was online window shopping and accidentally purchased a Diva brush.

I figure the Schimmel can be used every day, but the Diva will be my show brush!

Now I best go buy a table at the next sale, and move some stuff on.

9. barrel_racer64

I've been horse shopping- for a friend! (The upside is that I'll probably get to play with whatever horse they buy and help them get ready for a queening contest in May. And they have a bigger budget than I do!:rofl::rofl:) Still looking for the perfect fit, but we might go try a couple once the weather clears up.

mooselady likes this.