When the weather gets cold, the cold go window shopping!

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by mooselady, Jan 1, 2019.

1. DocsLglyBlonde

DocsLglyBlonde Senior Member

My mare will brush, moves pretty narrowly behind, and does great in the Lemieux micro pore brushing boots! The fleece lined may be a little thicker, but I don't think they're as thick as DSBs. I really like the quality and fit of mine... So you should get them :idea:

mooselady likes this.
  2. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Very persuasive argument!

kodemiester and DocsLglyBlonde like this.
  3. Rachel1786

Rachel1786 Senior Member

Question regarding the fenwick mask to anyone who has used it (@Rhythm 'n Blues?) Are the ears worth the extra price? I've been seriously considering getting my cranky mare one to see if it'll help her but torn on if I should spring for the ears or just the regular one.

4. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

Does she have an issue with her ears that you’re hoping the mask will fix? If not, then I would pay the extra.

5. Rachel1786

Rachel1786 Senior Member

No issues with her ears that I'm aware of, she's just a generally moody anxious mare, whenever she is stalled, she does nothing but pin her ears at Mark and bite her halter or the stall(since she cant reach him :rolleyes:) and unfortunately with the mass amounts of rain, they have been stalled more then I like.
    Also curious on size, she's got a fairly average TB head, wears horse size or sometimes warmblood size(barely) so I was thinking the large for her, but Mark has a smaller head(also Tb, he can wear horse horses but has to be adjusted smaller, WB is too big to be usable on him, he could probably wear cob lol) so it would probably be too big for him (if I wanted to use it trailering to shows) so if there is enough stretch, maybe a medium would work for both of then

6. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

Rn'B can probably answer better, but I got a size LG second hand mask, and it fits Remi's yearling size head decent enough to use and be affective. I imagine a LG would be fine for both of your horses. The medium would probably fit either as well, but if your one mare has a larger head I'd probably go with the LG just to be safe. That's just me though.

Rhythm 'n Blues likes this.
  7. Rhythm 'n Blues

Fez’s head was average horse size for all bridles. He needed a large a medium was way to tight. Fif is no different.

8. Rachel1786

Rachel1786 Senior Member

Thanks guys, I'll go with the large when I get it just to be safe

9. Rhythm 'n Blues

You can always exchange if it doesn’t fit :)

10. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

So it’s not so cold, but it is snowing..so I ordered a Haas military brush, from the UK...same seller has two listed, one with “free shipping” the other cost less and has $2 shipping, that was the best deal...

Didn’t order any boots, as I fell over a pair of plus line leggings, with pockets in a design called Stella....so I bought them!

doublelranch likes this.