What's your horses favorite food? And what's the craziest thing he has eaten?

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by horsey_chick_44, Jan 29, 2006.

1. horsey_chick_44

horsey_chick_44 Senior Member

Right, Bluey is my 30 yo, Grey Welsh Mountain Pony. His favorite foods are hard food ( gumnuts, equibix, milo mix etc...) Bananas ( with the skin on) and Pears. (Although Bluey eats anything available ( He used to eat the dog food ( dry food and the meat!) until we realized it was him eating it and not the dog!! Gee, when we found out, we got rid of it straight away!! It's bad for him!! It was a crack up though :D

George is my 9 yo, Bay Thoroughbred. His favorite foods are hard food ( gumnuts, equibix, milo mix etc...) Nutella Sandwiches ( He really likes them!!) and carrots.

Rebel is my 6 yo, Chestnut Quarter Horse.. He is just a plain old gorbo.. He loves hard foods, hay, grass, carrots, apples, lol... and everything his not supposed to have such as my CORN PLANT!! He ate the roots and everything. Wouldn't be surprised if there was a corn plant growing in side him right now!! :rolleyez:

Welp, now it's your turn!! What is your horses fav food? What is the craziest thing he/she has eaten? :running:

2. madvoice

madvoice Senior Member+

Pepper likes watermelon. She'll go crazy for it. She only eats the red flesh and leaves the rind behind.

3. schnerd0

schnerd0 Full Member

My mare Cutie will eat almost anything. Her oddest are bananas with the peel and oranges with the peel.

4. Oh'When

Oh'When Senior Member+

Owen eats anything but loves his oats.... he hasnt eaten anything weird yet ('cept for me), but one horse i used to ride loved peto bismo and another one liked melted orange freezies... not any other flavor...

5. freedom32

freedom32 Senior Member+

Polly likes anything edible, she is a terrible beggar. Freedom is a little more selective, she loves peppermints.
    Our old pony was a sneaky one, she would eat ANYTHING. When we used to take her to the fair she would buddy up to people walking by to see the horses and steal their food, hot dogs, french fries, gyros.........

6. 3WishesDun

3WishesDun Senior Member+

They all will eat anything that's not nailed down or locked up....
    Jack loves strawberries...
    Bella's eyes get big when she sees I have a soda ( I only let her have a little taste once in a while off of my hand)
    Wish will sell his soul for watermelon
    and Doc is partial to oranges.

7. Just_me

Just_me Senior Member+

My horse doesn`t get anything crazy because I don`t want him to get sick!!
    He loves apples and carrots though:)
    And my sisters horse loves corn oil,she always drinks it out of the hands.

8. Quick2Skip01

Quick2Skip01 Senior Member+

I had a paint horse a few year back, that at shows, if I was eating he would try and steal it from me. One time we were at a little open show before my regular season started, and I was eating a grilled cheese sandwich, he grabbed it right out of my hand and ate the whole thing. He like to drink pop too, (I think it was the bubbles.) He liked M&M's too. My best friend has an Arabian that like's sour skittles... lol...My horse currently likes all the normal stuff, but he is a big fan of the french fries at the MSU Pavillion....

~Spenser~

9. Horseshoe Girl

Horseshoe Girl Full Member

my pony absolutly LOVES gatorade. She'll do anything for it. One time at a sow, someone was standing around with their open bottle of gatorade in their hands, and my pony just took it from them and gulped the whole thing down! It was really funny but i had to buy the person a new drink. lol. The wierdest thing she eats is balogny sandwiches. She's not supposed to eat them, but one time she snatched one out of some random person's hands. I didn't have to buy them a new sandwich though. hehe

10. UsaHrsRidr2000

UsaHrsRidr2000 Banned

My horses favortie food is sweet feed, that has been in water for an hour, and mixed with Euipride, and applesause, its really sloppy...but he loves it