Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Jayme Lee, Feb 16, 2017.
Thank you VERY much.
She's beautiful.. yeah, I'd have thought mildew or mold too till I read this - that is one nice saddle there lady.
Thank you for the comment. I have yet to see one like it. And I also would have thought it was mold because it really does look green. Haha. But its not. And you'd think you'd just take the owners word for it if they say....hey...it's not mold. Either way. Thank you. After I clean it up I will post a picture so everyone can see how pretty it really is. Haha
Plenty of ignorant people would argue that it isn't mold...when they couldn't tell mold from their hind ends...plenty of scummy sellers would lie about the condition of a saddle for sale...so maybe drop the passive aggressive snark, and either clean the saddle before posting pictures, or post better pictures
I get what your saying and now that I see the controversy it caused I definitely should have posted better pictures. Agreed. However if you've read,youll see that I thanked others for their advice and simply stated it isn't mold. Pretty sure I would know because it is mine. And I see it every day. Seems as though everyone else knows better than I do for some reason. And this is the part Im having a hard time with. I am not a scummy seller. As mentioned. If it were for sale I would have cleaned it up. But since it's not I didn't really think it'd be a major issue. All I wanted was to know what anyone thought it was worth. Didn't need the criticism...or the advice. SINCE ITS NOT MOLD IN THE FIRST PLACE. unreal.
Hard to tell what it would be worth, covered in dust...even though you "keep a cover on it". Where do you live, so I know to avoid this majical wood stove dust that can some how end up under saddle pad covers.
Even if it's not mold, allowing a saddle of that age to be continuously accumulating dust/ash is going to dry out and damage the leather-- which will significantly lower its value.
Wouldn't be that difficult to just clean the saddle off and post better pictures than to keep arguing whether it's mold or not. Actions speak louder, kind of thing.
I burn juniper in my wood stove and it leaves a fine ash dust on everything and it doesn't take long for it to reappear after dusting.
Looks like pictures of a saddle with ash on it taken with a flash in the dark. I can see where it looks like mold though.
Anyhow, I agree with those who priced the saddle between $300-$500. Good luck Jayme.
we've all seen moldy tack & dusty saddles. I'm not convinced either...
Separate names with a comma.