1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

What's "in" for english pleasure, etc.?

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by ibsammy, Mar 6, 2017.

1. VermilionStrife

VermilionStrife Senior Member

I think people put the real sheepskin ones underneath the pad because it is more comfortable for the horse? I don't use a half pad though.

2. EnglishRider234

EnglishRider234 Senior Member

Me: Black coat, white shirt, black hunt cap, black gloves, tan breeches, black tall boots, spurs.

Horse (Not mine in picture I was riding a friend's horse as mine colicked at the show) - Havanna bridle, usually I would braid but the owners had him banded since he does the all-around, number pad with number pinned on, my saddle is a plain flap, black irons, double elastic girth, fake tail that matches the horse. At the big shows the tail would be braided also.

As far as black irons I think it is totally personal opinion. The show this picture is from is a Top 25 AQHA show in the nation. I placed top 5 in my classes with black irons so they will not affect placings. It all depends what you and your trainer decide work best for you.

Yes, I realize he is BTV. You can see there is slack in the rein. This horse naturally likes to go this way.

[​IMG]

tlwidener, savethewhaley and ibsammy like this.
  3. ibsammy

ibsammy Senior Member

Dumb question...how do I put the stock pin on? Just directly to the collar?

4. VermilionStrife

Yes, but I prefer to have a monogram or a collar with a little more decoration on it. :)

5. ibsammy

ibsammy Senior Member

6. savethewhaley

savethewhaley Senior Member

That's really not a good fit.
    The pad looks more like it's made for an AP saddle. Personally I would try again.

7. ibsammy

ibsammy Senior Member

Unfortunately there really isn't time. The show's in two weeks and this is the only numbers pad I was able to find :/

8. ibsammy

ibsammy Senior Member

9. savethewhaley

savethewhaley Senior Member

The fleeceworks or the Toklat woolback looks like your best bet. I'm sorry that your other pad didn't work out.
    I usually just pin my number on my back, never had a problem with it.

10. VermilionStrife

Where did you get that? I've never seen a pad that didn't have a more forward flap for it. I got mine from Schneiders and it fits my hunt saddle really nice. For breed shows you're really going to have to have that pad, not the contoured one.