What the heck, critique my jumping picture.

Discussion in 'Critique My Horse' started by qhchica, Oct 8, 2017.

1. qhchica

qhchica Senior Member

Any other critiques? I was expecting to be roasted. Haha.

250girl likes this.
  2. 250girl

250girl Senior Member

I just have to say I love your attitude lol. Flame suit zipped up all the way and ready to rock haha!

qhchica likes this.
  3. phantomhorse13

phantomhorse13 Full Member

I found that stretching and basic yoga really helped draw attention to my crookedness and lack of flexibility. While I am never going to be as limber as I was 20 years ago, it has definitely helped make me less crooked. Not being one to go to a gym or a class, I prefer to do those activities at home where only the dog and cat can mock me.

4. qhchica

qhchica Senior Member

Thanks! I want to improve, so I have to take the good and the bad! Haha.
    I am definitely NOT flexible! I’ll definitely try and improve that. Thanks!

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  5. Garfield70

Garfield70 Senior Member

Riding in a dressage saddle with long legs and a critical instructor could help there. Riding in a jumping saddle with short stirrups tends to encourage sloppiness.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  6. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Good eye, my vision is so lousy and I couldn't enlarge it..all I saw was blue. Good catch.

Rhythm 'n Blues likes this.
  7. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

That vid is priceless, you'll get a lot out of it @qhchica ;)

8. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

This is one reason I pray Rn'B never deserts MHF!!!! She is so knowledgeable and catches the "little" things that a lot of us miss. The barrel video is amazing as well.

9. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

Thanks guys. :heartbeat:

This is "my thing". Most people can't handle taking the massive step back that is required to fix this stuff........but the people that do really advance their riding!

10. qhchica

qhchica Senior Member

Well I have no problem stepping back and fixing what I need to. In my mind, I’m not going to reach my goals if I don’t. My ultimate goal is riding as well as I can, which includes fixing my age old bad habits. I’ve been working on being as straight as possible and focusing on my ankle and it is helping! My trainers are very critical and have been working with me on it.

I have a video of a little course from Saturday I could post for critique. I took some screenshots from it, so have at it!

The first picture is the second jump of a line. I BOTCHED the difference. It’s a four stride but with the tiny jump I should have done five. I chose to do nothing and chipped in at 4.5. I’m still too far out of the saddle and I’m still rocking the chicken wings.

The second picture is a few strides after that jump in picture one. I really wish I had opened my chest and kept my chest tall... another thing I struggle with.

The third picture is actually the first jump on the course. My leg slid back and still I have chicken elbows.

Maybe if I’m brave enough I’ll post the video!

Attached Files: