What makes YOUR Stallion special?

Discussion in 'Horse Breeding' started by shell, Apr 21, 2006.

1. shell

shell Senior Member+

OK, all you stud owners, don't copy each other here. Tell us all what makes your boys stand out from the crowd? :wink:

2. TrueColoursFarm

TrueColoursFarm Senior Member+

Good! I'll go first so no one can accuse ME of copying anyone else! :D

Guaranteed Gold - puts the most incredibly sane and easy going temperaments on all of his kids. They are so easy to train, to deal with, to present with new challenges - they just simply accept everything in stride without batting an eye ...
    He puts a big engine on them in behind and wonderful movement and so far - all of them that I have seen have beautiful toplines, excellent conformation and beautiful sculpted heads. Plus - being buckskin or palomino doesnt hurt one bit either! :D

And if they can jump as well as Dad does - all the better!

[​IMG]

Watch Me - havent seen any of his kids in person, but from what I hear and what I see in the pictures, he passes on excellent work ethics and trainability into his foals, fabulous expansive movement, flashy markings, height and a real talent for dressage. A lot of his younger offspring are also heading into the eventing, hunter and jumper rings, so will be very interesting to see in the future how they compare to his dressage offspring ...

[​IMG]

They are 2 very different stallions but each bring a real talent and ability to their matings and tend to improve small to medium imperfections in their mares as well

I'm done! :wink:

buggywhipp likes this.
  3. Acme Acres

Acme Acres Senior Member+

For us, several things makes Player "special". He's a Dun halter horse (not terribly common), he's N/N out of tons of N/H horses behind him, he has size and substance (10 1/2" cannons at 2 1/2 yrs of age, with size 3 shoes), he is terribly well balanced other than still growing and being a little hip high. His neck is one that people dream about (no sweat, nice length), kind eyes and excellent disposition and he's got the movement to do dressage or pleasure and the size and stop to rope on.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Our other stallion is special in the fact that he's such an excellent color producer and has never sired a lethal, he too has substance and an excellent disposition, correct in conformation, but slightly smaller. His get are highly trainable and easy going, usually coming with daddy's good looks. He's also special in the fact that he's a very foundation bred paint but still has enough modern look to be an attention getter.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2015
  4. Bodi

Bodi Senior Member+

He comes from old bloodlines. 50s, 60s era. He's uncommon, no longer popular lines, and I like that. He has the quality behind him in research of his bloodlines through his breeders. I know they have/had a program that worked. They produced hundreds of foals successfully. He's one of them but it seems one of the last. He hasn't overpopulated the breed with his foals. He has produced enough to keep his lines in the running.

He's a horse with a good personality. I personally think some of that comes through the parents into the foal, and the rest is in you handling and working with them. His foals seem to be versatile. He has decent to good conformation. Foals are the same. We like them, we enjoy them, and that is exactly what counts in this world. We don't stand him to outside mares, it's not worth it with all the hassle. We've been there and done that. We'll love him until it's his time to go back.

It isn't all the stallion. Nighter has some dang nice mares to back him up. Our ladies are not allowed to be just broodmares. These mares ride and prove themselves daily before they even allowed to have a foal. That is a strict belief in this family. The mare's bring something to the baby table as well and I congratulate my mother for finding the wonderful horses she has to produce what she is producing.

[​IMG]
    The same stallion raised with children for 13 years. When Alexis was 2 she liked to play in his sand spot in his pen. She did it all the time with him in that pen.
    [​IMG]
    He's 24 years old. He's still as beautiful as he was a young man.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He wasn't bred to be black. He came out that way through genetics. He only has one listed black horse in his pedigree, 6 generations back.
    It's only the icing on the horse.

Diane

5. Bodi

Bodi Senior Member+

I would also like to recognize our X stallion. Blue was a registered rare blue roan Percheron stallion. Blue roan only makes up less than 0.6% of all registered Percherons in the breed. He deserved a chance and now has that out in Idaho with a collected herd of Blue Roan mares.

We have one foal due out of him and I hope it carries the bonus of dad's color to preserve it. He was a nice stallion but highly misunderstood. Shuffled from home to home. He needed a man to handle him, and a program to be in.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Diane

6. Acme Acres

Acme Acres Senior Member+

How neat Diane, I didn't realize the Drafties could have roans.

7. bay_blnd jmpr07

bay_blnd jmpr07 Senior Member+

My boss's miniature stud colt so far is everything she's wanted in a mini...He has a beautiful head, gorgeous neck, straight correct legs, even back, easily trainable(and takes what he's been taught and applies it to all he does, like stopping perfectly all set up), he behaves around the ladies, and he has GREAT blood lines.

8. madvoice

madvoice Senior Member+

He's imaginary! I haven't found him yet. That's what makes him so very special :D

9. Top Dun

Top Dun Senior Member+

Roman Firestorm has an appaloosa foundation pedigree designation of 88% and is almost three full generations of appaloosa to appaloosa registered horses. He is easily trainable and well mannered but does not have any foals on the ground yet as he's to young. He's still in training and will be a performance horse first before he's considered for breeding. His other 'special" qualities inclued the fact that he is considered homozygous for the appaloosa characteristics and will produced registereable charastic appaloosa foals even when bred to non-appaloosa mares. His conformation is very good and he should produce some very nice sport horse type foals.

10. Chevmama

Chevmama Senior Member+

Bodi that stallion is absolutely stunning. Exactly what I imagine an Arabian should look like; structure without losing any refinement. His type is one I want to see more often in Arabians. :)