What makes a “youth horse”?

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by spec, Jan 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Lopinslow

Lopinslow Senior Member

Bob is the epitome of a youth horse. as safe as you can get (he spooked once in all the years I rode him, and that was one jump in place) and broke to death. i would love a pasture full of Bob's ... if i could clone him, i would be a very rich woman
    bob and emma.jpg bob and taylor.jpg

while April will never totally be a "bob" she has also been ridden by kids and does pretty well with them.
    April and Taylor 8-13-16 3.jpg April and Taylor 8-13-16.jpg

2. Kristal H

Kristal H Senior Member

Every girl needs a Bob... LOL

3. Lopinslow

Lopinslow Senior Member

I think every horse person who knows him, from kids to adults would love a Bob! I SO wish he was still rideable.

the one thing I could fault him on, is his equine A.D.D. Mellow as he can, but fascinated with the world around him. (think kid in the biggest toy store in the world). He was so natural at WP (couldn't make him lope uncollected if you TRIED), I swear he would be on auto pilot, going along at all 3 gaits perfectly, but be looking at this, that, that over there. ect. A friend warmed him up at the championship show, and comes back to the stalls "man, he rode GREAT... but he wouldn't stop looking at everything!". I simply said "welcome to bob"

The 2 little girls in the photos used to fight over who got to show him in leadline. at one, we were in the lineup. She says 'SHAWNA!' I say "yes?", "I LOVE MY BOB!"... said so loud, the judge and all the people outside the ring heard her.. and all laughed.