What kind of saddle do you have?

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Socks, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Socks

Socks Banned

Im just making a thread because I love saddles, and seeing what other people have :).
    Tell me the brand of your saddle
    Positives, negatives
    pictures pleasee :)

2. Babeesgirl

Babeesgirl Senior Member

I have a wintec cc
    I love it even though I havent ridden in it much its comfy and its fits numerous amount of horses.
    =)

3. STEENIE

STEENIE Banned

I ride in a 'Penwood Lightweight' 17.5 inch for general riding. It is a much more close saddle than the standard GP. However as my main discipline is military I ride in a British Army 'Officers' saddle, which is a more a flash version of the Other Ranks, 'Staff Yeomanry and Colonial'. Being with a Yeomanry Unit, we do not use the normal 1902 'Universal Pattern' saddle. I use a standard french link snaffle/long reach pelham when riding in a civilian bridle, but this is rare and I use a military brown set bridle, using the PMR (port mouth reversible) bit on double reins. The rein usage is curb as the lower rein to the outside of the little finger as against some diciplines that cross the reins.

4. LuckyAshley

LuckyAshley Senior Member+

My western pleasure saddle is a Champion Turf:
    [​IMG]

My english saddle is a Bates Caprilli CC:
    [​IMG]

And my barrel saddle is a Billy Cook (Sulfur,OK):
    [​IMG]

Love them all - they're GREAT saddles!

5. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member+

This is my (well I'm borrowing it indefinitely technically) Bob Marshall cutting saddle:

[​IMG]

And this is my Circle Y cutting/reining saddle. It's about over 20 years old, and still in awesome condition.

[​IMG]

6. Jim_in_PA

Jim_in_PA Senior Moderator

Thornhill Berlin A/P in 19". Very comfortable. Very satisfied.

7. Socks

Socks Banned

Your horse is GORGEOUS :eek: , if you dont mind me asking, what kind of brand does she have? I've never seen it before

8. CheyAut

CheyAut Senior Member+

I have a Passier
    [​IMG]

A Stubben (no photos that show it), a Wintec 500 (I don't think I have photos that show it...), I forget what brand my dressage saddle is, I haven't used it in MANY years, but it's German and starts with K, and then I have a cheap non brand name I've never used lol

Then I also have two Abetta trail saddles
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the comfiest saddle, Abetta Serenity Endurance
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Smooth IE

Smooth IE Senior Member

Billy Royal Show Saddle [sold my Dale Chavez because it didn't fit my horseanymore... so didn't want to do that! and I got the Billy Royal because I KNEW it fit my horse and she did really well in it, would have preferred something higher end though, ohwell. she's an insanely hard horse to fit].
    [​IMG]

HDR English saddle. Really not a fan of it, but for now it works. I've been trying so hard to find a Wide tree with an itty bitty seat and flaps [this is a child's saddle and still too big for me, I'm so short! if it gives you any idea my horse is only 15.1hh and I can make her look this big vv hahaha.]
    [​IMG]

Rocking R work saddle, my love! don't mind the fact that she's in her winter fat n' fuzzies here. xD
    [​IMG]

10. K Riding Girl

K Riding Girl Senior Member