What kind of coats do MHF horses have atm? Clipping?

Discussion in 'Horse Grooming' started by DocsLglyBlonde, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Larkspade

Larkspade Senior Member

2. DocsLglyBlonde

DocsLglyBlonde Senior Member

Only 8ft wide, but I only use like 6ft of it (6ft mats). Ideally it would be wider, but it is attached to our garage, and we would have had to do a lot more involved structural work to add even a couple feet of width. It works :)

3. Larkspade

Larkspade Senior Member

Wow it looks a lot smaller lol

4. Winchester

Winchester Senior Member

Nice to see some other horses shed really late. Vesper has only just recently finished (the backs of her ears were the last to go) shedding and we're almost done June, but she's also half draft so I blame that? She's still got a pretty thick coat, but it usually doesn't get hot enough here to warrant me summer clipping. Although we had a heat wave this past weekend when we were at a show and it was gross... So if our summer decides to play hot, I won't rule out clipping her, however much I hate doing it! :ROFLMAO:

DocsLglyBlonde likes this.
  5. DocsLglyBlonde

DocsLglyBlonde Senior Member

Jessie is IR, which maybe has something to do with it?? I just need to be very aware of Cushing's, because while I hope she never gets it, I wouldn't be shocked either... so it's nice to hear other horses have taken a while to shed out. She has always kept a really thick coat though, even as a young lady :)

She is actually looking really good clipped! Super shiny, and seems to be getting a touch darker, which I hope continues. I'm happy with my decision. Lol

6. Winchester

Winchester Senior Member

Ah, you can't even tell with Jessie! Vesper is early Cushing's I'm pretty sure.