What is wrong with the fashion trends right now!?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jmjarabians, Jul 12, 2012.

1. jmjarabians

jmjarabians Senior Member+

I went to Macy's today with the hopes of finding some new threads and spent about 10 minutes in there and went out shaking my head. What they holy heck happened to clothes? Most of that stuff looks like zebras and cheetahs on LSD in Wonderland! Who wears this stuff!?

I am 31 years old and I even went to the Women's department and was WTH'ing even more. I just don't get it. :confused:

What happened to nice plain shirts and jeans and not $150 jeans either.......*sigh* I didn't spend a dollar on clothes today.

2 people like this.

2. LifeIsGrand

LifeIsGrand Senior Member+

Girl you are goin to the wrong stores then!! Fashion today is great, there will always be the silly stuff... but you have to find the stores that work for you. Macy's, honestly... is not the greatest place. lol.

2 people like this.
  3. samson2009

samson2009 Senior Member

If you Have a Maurices (sp?) near you check that out! I got an awesome pair of jeans, not ripped or faded, just nice blue jeans that don't show ***-crack for $25.

They also have stylish clothes that aren't over the top crazy.

1 person likes this.
  4. jmjarabians

We do have a Maurices, and I love that store, however, it's one of the only stores near me that's close and EVERYONE shops there. I can not go out in public with out seeing one or two people wearing the same thing I am. I thought I'd venture out by going to the closest large city to find clothes.....well, that didn't work.

Yeah, I am getting the picture that Macy's sucks. I went to JC Penny too because I have some credit there and same thing! JUNK!. :(

5. DancingArabian

DancingArabian Senior Member+

Same. Doesn't help that I'm on the shorter side of life and their "petite" section is either very...mature (think grandma style clothes), horribly ugly (LOUD patterns) or super young looking (think neon). Macy's and 'Penny's are great for finding the ugly clothes I have to wear to work (business casual, blech).

I like Old Navy but this year they don't seem to have a very good selection of tops. If I like the style, it's been in colors that are blindingly bright and ugly or it's super sheer!

1 person likes this.
  6. cowgirl247

cowgirl247 Senior Member

i actually managed to find a lot of really nice clothes at Macy's the last time i was there. I really needed to update my wardrobe for work. I still need to go back and do more updating the wardrobe, i just didn't wanna do it all in one day and rack up a huge Macy's bill at once. I pretty much won't buy jeans at department stores because i find they don't often have them in my length (i need a 34 in. length). If they have them in my size (8-10), they're not in my length (or vice versa). So for jeans, i usually hit up Boot Barn (which is a local western wear store). They're pretty reasonably priced, they're stretchy (and as someone who rides horses - the jeans GOTTA stretch!!) and i find that their "boot cut" is long enough to fit me.....

EDIT: reading the above post, i feel i should add that i am DEFINITELY not petite!! maybe that's why i lucked out at Macy's, because i was not in the petite section.....

7. jmjarabians

Anyone know a good place to get white COLLARED shirts in women's sized that can be tucked in? I need plain white, no striping, no checkers, no lines, just plain. Has to be collared to hold a tie and tuckable. These are for work. I can't even find plain white dude's shirts. :( Everything is colored or has pinstriping. I am just so irritated at clothes shopping right now.

8. StoneCreek

StoneCreek Senior Member+

I'd try kohls! Thats where I always see plain collared shirts!

I love zebra print so I'm not much help. I don't do any other type of print tho. It can't be like BAM LOOK AT ME zebra but I like a little here and there :p

If you think that's bad you should have seen when pac sun was trying to bring jean jackets and tassle shirts back. I'll wear the belly shirts on occasion but not tassley feathery ones. Its bizzare.

9. jmjarabians

I tried Kohls the last time I was in Spokane. Nada. Last time I ended up finding some at Ross. I went to Ross today and did find one and a backpack for my son but the line was HORRENDOUS! I mean halfway around the store with only two checkers. I waited 10 minutes, moved two spots, gave up and left my stuff on the nearest rack and walked out. Seriously, it was NOT my shopping day. It always seems like when I have extra money to dump on clothes I never find any but when I a broke they are everywhere!!!! LOLOL Murphy's Law, right?

10. thunderhooves

thunderhooves Senior Member+

I see quite a few people down here wearing jean jackets AND jeans! it's the weirdest things. And the tassley/feathery belly shirts? One only has to go to the mall to see people wearing them. It's like the 70's here (even though I wasn't born yet, LOL).