What is that lump?

Discussion in 'Horse Health' started by charliehorse409, May 16, 2005.

1. charliehorse409

charliehorse409 Full Member

my Qh Gelidng has a lump under his neck it looks like a goiter would in a human but i dont know what it is ./ i have owned him for 3 years n hes had ever since. but its directly under his neck n head space. please help me we lose pointd for it...:bawling:

2. Shotgun93

Shotgun93 Senior Member+

Where exactly is it located? A picture would be great.
    It could be swollen glands, sarcoids, a bug bite, hives, or strangles.

3. MissBandit

MissBandit Senior Member+

Your horse has an undiagnosed lump for 3 years? Did I read that right? Have you never had a vet out for any other reason? Surely a vet would see that. Surely you would point it out when the vet comes in to do vac's and teeth. Loose points? As in show points? That really should be the last of your concerns.

4. charliehorse409

ok well heres a pic of his neck he seems to only really have it on the right side more then the left..

Attached Files:

5. MissBandit

You've shown two pics of his left side. Has a vet seen it?

6. charliehorse409

well i havnt had anyother problem and yes we have the vet out here for shots but he didnt say anyting he said it was nothing big but its been there for yes 3 years so im thinking maybe it is something..FYI my vet is very old n he coulda missed inturpeted it..n yes we lose points for it but the judges never say what they think it is either..ive asked too..but he eats fine hes healthy his test resukts are all good . so im confeused

7. MissBandit

I do not see a lump in those pics.

8. MissBandit

Are both those pics of the same horse? They do not look similar at all. Totally different coloring, in the coat as well as mane.

9. charliehorse409

yes it the same horse i took the picture with my cell phone and i just learned how soo my contrast in them is different but no the vet didnt say it was serious i on the other hand tink it is...and sorry! i ment left side its only on the left side! n hes a chestnut n his mane u cant see in one picture nehow...that lump is under his neck u dont see it?? hummm look again or maybe some one else can help me!

10. bay_blnd jmpr07

bay_blnd jmpr07 Senior Member+

How old is your horse? It could be a thyroid thing. I know a 32 year old QH who has a HUGE thyroid goiter thing(he also has cushings)

BBJ