What is going on with these people? Anyone know of them?

Discussion in 'Horse Rescue / Adoption' started by meljean, Dec 30, 2015.

1. meljean

meljean Senior Member

Elvis has Left the Building

Horses and dogs and begging for money...oh my.

Jessyca Broom and Brandon Duff, she is aka Jessica Morgan Duff, and he uses name Jay Duff.

Elvis has Left the Building
    December 30, 2015 § 11 Comments

Florida, a state known for its horrendous treatment of horses, has a new spokesperson.

Ok, that might be a bit mean, but ignorance of the law is no excuse in a courtroom, and ignorance of horse care shouldn’t be an excuse to leave a horse down and dying for over TEN DAYS. There’s a small, tiny, piece of me that feels for this gal for losing her horse, but then I look at the whole picture and see a systematic issue in her story.

Lets go way back first, to June 2012. There was this couple named Jessyca Broom and Brandon Duff. They left their one-year-old baby in a car, with it running, unlocked, in Jacksonville Florida – for “just a few minutes” of course – while they were checking out a house for rent… and it was stolen. Luckily for them, it was abandoned 45 minutes later with the car still running and their baby Italia safe inside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maybe she actually needed to give Irish away because in August she “rescued” a horse or two. She posts pictures of the one underweight horse, Blitz, being ridden by her hubby and little girl (without helmets of course – but she swears while being interviewed after Italia was “stolen” that she’d never put her in danger again…) just four days after rescuing the horse (so you know she knows that horse would never buck or bolt). Yes, throw a western saddle, a man, AND a child on an underweight horse. Sweet. Of course she defends herself by saying the horse really needed to bond with them with “under saddle time”.

Another “Rescue”
    She apparently “rescued” this second horse, name unknown, around the same time she “rescued” Blitz; this beautiful paint who of course needed a “rebel flag saddle pad” asap!

[​IMG]

At some point, she rescued an Appaloosa named Elvis as well.

Unfortunately, within a few months, this two-year-old stud horse would be down on the ground, languishing for over ten days without vet care, and it would take the sheriff and a vet showing up and threatening her with charges to get him humanely put down.

[​IMG]

2. TLFC

TLFC Senior Member

What a horrible person. May karma gives her the same treatment she has give those animals.

Varisha and meljean like this.
  3. meljean

meljean Senior Member

I remember when that downer horse photo was going around.

4. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

These people are either really dumb or evil.

5. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

Can they be both dumb and evil? That's my vote.

6. Compadre

Compadre Senior Member

Any indication what was actually wrong with the horse?

7. Puddincup

Puddincup Senior Member

Old thread but such a sad situation for those poor horses. :cry: