What do you think of this horse?

Discussion in 'Critique My Horse' started by Paint_luver, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paint_luver

Paint_luver Senior Member+

I'm looking at this horse to possibly go see. He's only (as far as the owners know) been ridden western, but they said that his gaits are "WP slow" and that they thought he could go english and even jump. I think he'd look really cute english, and he sounds like a very calm and nice horse. I'll go get a link from his ad too here in a second, but here's some pictures the owner's e-mailed me. So, what do you all think? I want honest opinions here. Thanks. :)

Attached Files:

2. Paint_luver

http://horse.classifieds.equine.com/horses/761139.html

Here's the link to his ad, although it doesn't say much. I'd like to know primarily what you guys would think of him going english? He's quite stocky, but that's alright. I like his height though, it'd be nice and consistent with Buddy.

3. Paint_luver

Anybody? I'd like to phone the owner today and possibly arrange a time over the week to come see him. Okay, I'm being impatient again! LOL. It's hard to tell confirmation with the saddle on, and he looks a little downhill to me (at least in that one pic), but I'm terribly at critiqueing, so I need you guys! :)

4. zorse

zorse Senior Member+

It's an appy!! Hehe:) You should go out and see him...no matter what anyone on here tells you. The only way to tell if you like a horse is to go out and have a look.

5. arabkid

arabkid Senior Member+

I may be wrong but the horse doesn't look 15.2 in the picture, like it says in the add. But I could be wrong!!! That guy could just be really tall!! Otherwise I know nothing about for your looking for...lol...

6. Paint_luver

I agree Zorse, but it's nearly a 3 hour drive from my house, so I thought I would get opinions before I called to make the trip!!! I think he's cute. I've always liked Appies from afar. I guess my name wouldn't fit then, would it?

7. Paint_luver

I don't know arabkid, he looks fairly big to me. I always look at the legs to see height. On Buddy (who is a true 15.2 hands), my legs would come down to his girth area when riding english, way down to his belly, and that's about where that guys legs go. It's hard to tell from pictures. The lady who ended up buying Buddy didn't believe he was 15.2 hands tall from his pictures, and he did look short in them, but once she saw him she believed me! :)

8. cassidy

cassidy Senior Member+

i actually quite like the look of him but if i were you i would get your trainer to go with you if you decide to try him out just so you no you are getting the right horse for you

good luck

9. zorse

zorse Senior Member+

Maybe you can look for a couple more horses on the way and make a day of it? Don't be picky when you're looking..you have to just go out and see everything. If I would have been picky I never would have ended up with Sunny...a backyard appaloosa pony wasn't exactly what I was looking for,.

10. Super_Trooper

Super_Trooper Senior Member+

I love app's. I say go see and ride him! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.