What do you think of my Tb?

Discussion in 'Critique My Horse' started by Nat, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Nat

Nat Registered

Hey everyone, a little bored (and avoiding doing any work);) So just for fun and I'm a little curious because my old trainer used to hate him!

What do you think of my horse? We plan do BE80 next season, was supposed to start this year but got his sarcoids removed, so if you notice any in the photos he no longer has them!
    15.3 14 year old thoroughbred who I have had for three years. I personally think we really need to work on the top line? Please no nasty comments.. I know he's not the most expensive horse ever! Which is ironic of me to say on a crit my horse post, but we don't plan on doing a novice any time soon.;)
    Edit: I forgot to mention, he does have one eye which doesn't bother him at all.

Thank you :))

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  2. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Your settings need to be changed, you probably have them set for a more private setting. It's blocked.

3. Nat

Nat Registered

Thanks! I have (hopefully) changed them now.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  4. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Ahh, there they are-!!

You look like you both are having fun, he's very nice. (y)

Post more when you can, that was just not enough lol. Thanks, enjoyed that. ;)

5. zomer

zomer Senior Member

what a doll - can't offer critique of horse with tack but may I gently comment that your saddle is a few inches too far forward? Even in the over fences photo, you can see that his shoulder blade isn't completely free from potential saddle interference. I struggle every time I tack up to move the saddle back - we are so conditioned to set it too far forward. :)

6. Nat

Nat Registered

Thanks for the reply! You’re completely right about the tack, however it’s okay on the jumping one, not touching his shoulder:)
    Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated

zomer likes this.
  7. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

This can be hard to diagnoses from photos. SOME saddles have the tree points set so far back from the front of the saddle, that you could have the front sitting on the shoulder blade and the tree points aren't too far forward. Others the tree points are at the exact front of the saddle.

mooselady likes this.