1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Featured what do you think of grown men who wear class rings...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by sorrell, Aug 24, 2007.

1. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse Senior Member

Yeah really!!! Hahahahahahaha!!

2. sorrell

sorrell Senior Member

Now something like that I could wear, but I always feel like I am yelling or saying, look at me and what I have done, and how much I am worth, and where I put my importance....
    guess that's just me.
    I like meaningful jewelry that is tasteful and blends.

3. Fallon

Fallon Senior Member+

I don't even wear a watch. Shows you how much I pay attention to 'jewelry'.

I'm torn on this. I can see a Proffessor wearing a college ring especially if it's for the college that he/she teaches at. Or like Ches says for a profession.

But otherwise I don't know...

4. sorrell

sorrell Senior Member

I think it is the size that bothers me.
    If it is smaller and the stone isn't like the size of a gumball, it wouldn't matter, but the huge rings, seem to be too gaudy, like when a woman wears a half pound of jewelry on all five fingers.

5. kellidahorsegirl

kellidahorsegirl Senior Member+

BW how do you belong to a frat.....aren't you a GIRL?! HAHA Unless its turning into that boyscout deal where girls join :p

I don't like high school rings...never have never will. To me, high school was not the highlight of my life and something people should move on from :p Sorry haha College rings would be ok for me....I know a couple guys who have bowl game football rings (yes they played for CSU) and those are cool. Those to me are accomplishment rings....something BIG.

I'm not a huge fan of men with just big rings. Someone gave Travis one (its his g'pa I think so its special) but I hate it! Its so distracting haha.

Oh well, to each his own???

6. Heavenly Jumper

Heavenly Jumper Senior Moderator Staff Member

I think grown men who wear their HS rings are still wishing they were in HS...and that's sad.

7. Jennie'sPassion

Jennie'sPassion Senior Member+

I wear my college ring because I didn't earn it until I was 33. I paid for it and worked for the degree myself.
    I have alot of friends that wear thier college rings and I think it is a show of pride. I mean if degrees were easy to get everyone would have one right?
    I usually assume it is a college ring if I see an older man wearing it. I think they are proud of what they have achieved like me.

8. sirius-dressage

sirius-dressage Senior Member

My dad wears his college ring. I don't think anything negative about it...he worked hard, loved his school, and went on to be successful in the military later in life. He still affiliates himself with his school, and generally wears his ring.

9. Blistering Winds

Blistering Winds Senior Member+

it is a professional fraternity that opened up to both men and women.

Alpha Zeta

10. James Robert

James Robert Senior Member

I'm 67 years old and wear my college ring with a great deal of pride. I worked 6 hours a day during the week and 12 hours on Saturday as a butcher at the A & P and went to college. It took a lot out of my social life when many of my friends were getting their way paid by their parents and were having a ball.

I graduated from Auburn University. The State of Alabama is divided in 2 groups, Auburn U. and the University of Alabama fans. Bear Bryant coached at U of A and a lot of the fans of U of A still think Bear and Elvis are still alive. We have beat U of A for the past 5 years and enjoy not having to listen to "Roll TIde." The U of A has hired Lou Saban as coach now so things are subject to change. I still bleed orange and blue and yell "War Eagle" every chance I get.

By wearing my college ring maybe I am bragging. If someone takes it that way so what? I once owned a black and white spotted registered TWH and I brag about that still. Don't tell me that you don't display something you are proud of. What about the tag on the front of your truck or the picture on the back of your horse trailer?

Having a college degree is something I have always been proud of. It has open doors for me that would otherwise been closed. I don't flaunt it but I wear it.

JR

3WishesDun likes this.