What did you get for Christmas???

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by endurgirl, Dec 26, 2017.

1. QHshowmanship

QHshowmanship Senior Member

A couple clothing items, an air fryer, a saddle rack for the barn,odd and ends, and a mini cell phone photo printer.

Low key Christmas, but it was nice. Even if we did get buried in 5 ft of snow.

manesntails and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  2. kodemiester

kodemiester Senior Member

My birthday was on the 19th of December, so I will just combine the two.

Birthday/Christmas:
    Set of 200 glitter gel pens from Mom & Dad
    Set of 60 gel pens & coloring book from a friend
    Subway GC & candy from another friend
    Heated blanket from a friend & a pair of comfy shoes
    Annnddd my "big" Christmas present was my The Bling Boutique Saddle pad. I absolutely LOVE it and cant wait to use it in March or April :D

I will probably buy myself $100-200 worth of stuff that I want.. thinking a pair of new boots for JUST riding (no cleaning stalls I tell myself in them..) and possibly some new blankets for the horse.

3. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

My family and the hubby's family have downsized Christmas. We do a swap thing with his family and I got a lottery ticket which was a $20 winner and a Dunkin Donuts gift card. In my family we have a "rotation" where we get a different couple every year. Because we got snowed out and aren't celebrating until this coming Saturday....my brother and his wife from VT had us, and stopped by on Tuesday. We got an awesome pottery pie plate from Burlington Pottery in VT, and I love it.

Now....the hubby got me stocking stuffers of candy, gift cards and then this for Christmas to work off the candy:

Bike.jpg

A Schwinn 270 recumbent stationary bike to get into horse show shape. I LOVE it! It took him 1.5 hours to assemble and he only dropped the "F-bomb" a couple times.

4. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Those floor mats are the bomb. I've wanted them for years. They protect the heck out of your car. Gotta pass this on to him, I'd totally forgotten about them.

manesntails likes this.
  5. Alsosusieq2

Wow-!! Congratulations. ;)

6. Alsosusieq2

I've wanted one for so many years, then my arthritis got so bad I don't cook much anymore. I'd be thrilled-!!

7. chy3792

chy3792 Senior Member

I have just used it once so far. I picked up all the clutter out of the floor and let it go. It runs about 45 min with a charge and kind of just bounces from place to place aimlessly and clean, which is fine at my house because the floors stay so dirty with us in and out all the time and with a toddler. It had a full bin after one run and I was so impressed by all the stuff that it picked up. There were bits of hay, lots of dirt, dust, dog hair, it got it all. Our living space where it ran is hardwood with a rug. It cleaned the rug good to but I personally felt it did the bare floors better, that may just be because I could see the results better. The cons for me I would say is you have to pick up the floor of clutter before you run it, I have not invited it into any of our bedrooms yet for that reason, if there is something it can suck up like a cord or piece of string it will get hung up, so the room has to be "Roomba Proofed" prior to running. Hopefully this weekend I'll get my daughters carpet room ready for it and will know how it does on carpet. The other thing that bugged me isn't necessarily a con but it doesn't have a set pattern it runs by, I stayed in the room and watched it work and it would bother me that it might go right by something that needed to be picked up but barely miss it and instead of staying in that area it would go across the room to somewhere it had already been. Granted at the end of the day, my whole floor was clean. It just wore on my OCD just a little in that aspect. I would definitely recommend.

8. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

Can the Roomba transition over actual rugs? How about from carpet to hardwood?

Alsosusieq2 and manesntails like this.
  9. kodemiester

kodemiester Senior Member

My moms goes over rugs & I think she has it go from the laminate to the carpet. :) She really likes hers!

Alsosusieq2 and manesntails like this.
  10. chy3792

chy3792 Senior Member

Mine goes from one to the other fine. Slides right on our area rug in the living room.