What did we do without..

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Alsosusieq2, May 11, 2018.

1. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

I have auto on my lights but my driver's seat, on my Juke, doesn't have power~!! I have to reach down between my legs and pull the bar up to adjust forward and rear positions~!! To adjust height, I have a handle to manually pump up and down~!!

But my freakin heated seats, which switch on or off with a toggle switch, are always getting bumped on. They put the switch just rear of the cup holder. So, you go to put the cup back in, you can accidently hit it. :crazy2: Wondering why you're still hot with the AC cranked all the way up.....ya gotz hot bunz, that's why~!! :LOL:

Alsosusieq2 and ParkedOut like this.
  2. tlwidener

tlwidener Senior Member

I love making angel food cake. I don't know how my grandma and her mother did it without a Kitchenaid mixer. Hand beating egg whites?!?!? :crazy2: I don't think I could do it :faint:

When my grandfather was a boy they still used horses on the farm... by his death we were running 500 HP+ autosteer tractors, getting 500 acres a day worked. I love horses but cannot fathom having to use them to actually WORK. Yuk. I also cannot imagine running a combine without a cab and AC... the dirt and dust would be unbearable! In itchy crops like milo and barley???? Oi.

I don't think I could function without air conditioning. We tried last week. When temps got above 90 during the day, our little house in town heated up! It didn't cool off at night. It stayed 80 degrees. I can't sleep in those kinds of temps!

3. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

Mapquest or a GPS. God, I can remember DECADES ago having to call for directions and write them down, or use a map to get basically where you were going....THEN use the local directions you wrote down....lol.

endurgirl, waresbear and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  4. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

The farm husband was working on when we met had an open station combine, that was a nightmare. The last combine we owned was electronic everything...made me wonder how I managed the one before with the 3' long big boys shifter.......

Alsosusieq2 and tlwidener like this.
  5. peg4x4

peg4x4 Senior Member

AC ----- ---I've already got it on.. AC,clean running water,good Drs,and soft tp.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  6. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

It's funny being at the town house, where you can drink water from the tap, can't do that at the farm, and it still makes me wonder when I pour a glass.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  7. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

'Select a size' kitchen roll, my mother God bless her always peeled the two ply sheets in half, something that she ingrained in me, so unless you REALLY needed a whole 2 ply sheet to do a job, 1 ply it was...she would have loved select a size.

tlwidener and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  8. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

We do too! Tons and tons of wood.

rhinebeck and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  9. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

Why can't you drink from the farm water? We live off a spring fed well.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  10. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Because last time we had it tested it was deemed not to fit to drink..

Alsosusieq2 likes this.