What could that be?

Discussion in 'Horse Health' started by gina1960, Jul 11, 2018.

1. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Call the lady at myfineequine.com
    Buy him some KLNZ and whatever else she recommends for his symptoms. It will boost his immune system while cleaning out his liver and kidneys, which are the vessels which help eliminate toxins.

Alsosusieq2 and ginster like this.
  2. gina1960

gina1960 Full Member

Today I noticed that as soon as he hears a loud noise, he totally freaks :horseon2: out and starts to buck as if there were something on his butt. When the noise stops he stops again ... I do not understand that anymore.
    His ears are very sensitive and he has itching on his head again and loses all hair on the head.
    My veterinarian did something yesterday that he actually only does in an emergency, he injected Ivermevtin. Dectomax is too weak.
    Today he has a tennis ball big swelling left, because he has made the first injection, since he has double dosed left and right injected.
    I hope this works well with the ivermectin. I've read bad things, but I take the risk now and pray that it will get better.

3. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

Sounds like his immune system is really messed up. What kind of grain are you feeding him?

4. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Get the KLNZ as manes suggested, it will help his immune system.

5. gina1960

gina1960 Full Member

Hello everybody

It has been some time since my last post.
    My horse is sprayed every 10 days with IVOMEC, outwardly Butox. In the beginning I thought it would be better, but since 2 days (injection is 8 days ago) it gets worse again. Worst on the croup and now on the neck! Even the vet does not remember. In the photos you can clearly see 2 points that are connected by a dash. I'm still typing on Sacroptes. Looks like digging the mite? What do you think? He has a lot of it on his body, that would have to be a whole colony.

I'm at a loss ...

Attached Files:

6. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

I would look at your feed. Maybe it is making your horse not healthy so it can't fight off anything. That happened to my horse last year with corn in his feed, most specifically Nutrena Safe Choice Original. He had chronic hives, sloughing off of his hair, dry coat with dandruff and at the end dermatitis that I passed on myself to him touching another horse with it. All went away on their own when I changed the grain to a grain without corn in it. Later found out he was Insulin Resistant, though his numbers are on the low end.

7. ginster

ginster Senior Member

How are the other horses at the barn where he´s kept?
    Are they getting reinfected, like your horse?
    If not his immune system is too weak to fight anything off, like @LoveTrail suggested. Looking into his feed is always worth a shot but I would have the vet do new blood work as well, his levels should tell you something.

8. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Get a product called klenz immediately and see how it goes. I believe you'll be surprised.