What breed is this horse?

Discussion in 'Horse Rescue / Adoption' started by Dona Worry, May 11, 2016.

1. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Oooh how did I miss this comment? LOVE the photos!

2. Sandra-A1

Sandra-A1 Senior Moderator Staff Member

Do you have any video of her moving? Have you considered her being a Foxtrotter or Paso Fino cross?

3. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

No, I don't. I need to get some--she looks so lovely when she moves! I could watch her all day!

ginster likes this.
  4. Tenacious Tiffany

Tenacious Tiffany Registered

Striped hooves,mottling around the muzzle and they need that white Scalia eye, Need those three things even with no spots would be A registrable Appaloosa. Those white spots could be genetic or a deep superficial wounds would cause the hair to grow back white.
    Appaloosas are mixed with just about any and every breed.
    Can have certain confirmation characteristics such as quarter horses, Arabians, Thoroughbred , even draft horses.

5. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

She has gained a lot of spots since the photos in the op but they are inconsistent, and change in location and number constantly, and as her hooves grow in healthy, they have pronounced stripes, but no white around the eye, and nothing I would considering mottling; she does have some spots on her lips and genitals, but they come and go like the others.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Tenacious Tiffany

Tenacious Tiffany Registered

I would like to commend you on the improvement of your horses health from the first picture when you first bought her she looks really good and healthy. How does the saying go a leopard can't change his spots? I guess that means they are what they are, what you see is what you get. Wow Appaloosas can change their spots! When you part the hair under her spots, do you see dark pigmentation of skin under the white?
    Appaloosas keep the dark skin unlike paints and horses with other white markings blazes, socks etc. those horses have pink pigmentation of skin under the white.

GONE ROPING likes this.
  7. Lageniamclean

Lageniamclean Registered

She looks like app and quarter horse

Dona Worry likes this.