What are your thoughts? 20 kids and counting (THE DUGGARS expecting again!)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Baylily, Nov 8, 2011.

?
  1. Yes, STOP already!

153 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. No, the more the merrier

8 vote(s)
    4.4%
  3. Other, please explain

19 vote(s)
    10.6%
  1. Baylily

Baylily Senior Member+

The Duggars have just announced they are expecting baby number 20 to their herd of children. What are your thoughts on this?

I really am shocked that after all the complications she had with her last baby they decided to continue forward and have another child (last baby weighed on 1 pound 6 oz and was in the ICU for months).

Is 20 too much? Do you think they can provide for all of them? Or do you think that they can't possibly give every child the attention he/she deserves?

I will say, they must have quite a healthy life in the bedroom! I know they don't believe in birth control, but surely they would have some success with the rhythm method if they tried? Or who knows, maybe she is on fertility meds.

There is 24 years between the eldest Duggar and this new baby Duggar. . .

2. ChestersMomma

ChestersMomma Senior Moderator

Oh these people drive me nuts for so many reasons.

Irresponsible IMO... and unfair to the children.

15 people like this.
  3. Trace

Trace Senior Member+

I think that these people are sick in the head. Its shameless how they have stolen their older childrens childhoods having to look after the younger ones.

7 people like this.
  4. AbiEquine

AbiEquine Senior Member

No way. There is no way they can give all of those kids the attention they deserve. Especially in their teen years. We get really ... interesting then. ;)

I mean, it's not the same because I'm 14 and they aren't mine, but during the summer I get 20 kids (oldest are 11) that are different each week. We have to have FOUR people to be able to be with all of them so that everything is safe, they get attention, and we are there to help them. It's one adult (or teenager) to at least four kids. It's maddening and if they were teenagers I know they would be trouble because of how "I'm right you're wrong" we tend to be. ;)

1 person likes this.
  5. Surfinggetsmeup

Surfinggetsmeup Senior Member+

I hate this show. They need to stop breeding. Seriously.

8 people like this.
  6. AqhaGirl

AqhaGirl Senior Member+

I agree with Trace, the older children really do play a big part in upbringing their younger siblings, I think it's selfish on their part to continue adding on to the family and it's irresponsible. Then she is going on risking the life of another child and not taking in account the health scare/problems they had with the last child.

3 people like this.
  7. alaskahorse

alaskahorse Senior Member+

A problem I have with it is the health issues she had. As long as babies and her were not having complications its their business..They can well afford to take care of their own children.
    AS for the number of children..I know many large families, ( though only about 1/2 that size) and the older kids now adults have no regrets what so ever being in a large family. In fact its quite the opposite.. They love it and many children that grew up in a large family all want large families for their own. So honestly it can't be quite as bad as some people think.
    I honestly believe that it really is no business of mine to dictate who can or cannot have children, or how many.
    Yes there are people who cannot take care of their children but this family appears to be able to do it quite well. The other thing I don't like is the TV aspect of it. Therein lies the problem with me...no way would I ever allow that kind of public eye on my family..so it makes you wonder sometimes about that aspect of it.. I only hope its not being done for all the wrong reasons but there again..I am not in the position to judge their character as I do not personally know them.

3 people like this.
  8. Horselove4ever9

Horselove4ever9 Senior Member+

I can't believe after the complications with the last baby they are yet having another one. I could have sworn that she said on the show that that was going to be the last baby. They really do need to just stop popping them out, it's not fair that the older kids are constantly having to take care of the younger ones. And AbiEquine is right, there's no way all of those children get enough time spent with them. I knew a mom with 4 kids all in close age and she admitted it was hard to spend time with each of them evenly without another getting jealous or before she had to run off to keep another from doing something bad. I will give them kudos though that they seem to be pretty self-sufficient, but at the same time I have to wonder if the show doesn't help with that.

9. Heavenly Jumper

Heavenly Jumper Senior Moderator

It's a vagina ... not a clown car. :p

I do support their right to choose though. If they can support their family, more power to them. As long as the children are healthy and provided for, it's not my business. America is the land of the free :)

10. Jinba ittai

Jinba ittai Senior Member+

That's a WHOOOOOOLLLLE lotta preggo time. Seriously, we all need to stop watching their show so that they will stop popping out kids for more attention. I guarantee if they hadn't gotten their own show they would have stopped at 15 kids or less.

1 person likes this.