1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

What Are You Passionate About?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lucky_pine, Jan 7, 2017.

1. tlwidener

tlwidener Senior Member

I love to bake.... bread especially. This ties into my love of farming. My family raises wheat. I have a favorite flour brand: King Arthur. Some of their growers are near me. I'd love to be a grower for KA. Heck, I'd like to manage their grower contracts :D My KitchenAid is my best friend.

The farm is my happy place. I'm a pretty adept combine operator. I can drive a truck. I have a favorite tractor. I'm a fair mechanic. I love my pickup; I am happy when I'm actually using it for work. I like the smell of freshly tilled dirt. I hate being inside. Grease and oil stains add character to jeans.

I'm falling in love with my chickens. They're hilarious, and their eggs are great for my baking pursuits. They follow me around my place, and I love it. They come running when I call.

I've slowly turned into a crazy cat person. I don't know how it happened. I have four cats who sleep inside. I still love my dogs, especially my mini Aussie.

I'm really just an animal person. My bottle calf gave me ringworms. My horses ate my paycheck. I really want a milk cow. I'd love to have baby goats to play with. I'd have a whole funny farm if I could.

I read a lot too and have a pretty extensive library.

I feel like I should have been born a hundred years ago. Except I do love autosteer on equipment and big horsepower. I'm not sure I'm tough enough to have ran a combine without a cab.

2. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

I am very much like this as well. I actually had a long talk with my mom about it today because I was worried about my lack of motivation, even for the things I love.
    Like you, I also think my motivation will increase with a healthier diet and exercise. I am so tired all the time that a lot of times things I want to do sound like a chore. Once I'm at the barn working my horses I love it and can't wait to do it again, but it takes a lot of talking myself into it to actually go do it. Especially in the winter. I think I get the winter blues.
    I also do much better when I have a routine. Over the summer I was taking lessons once a week, but this fall/winter it has been very sporadic and that has definitely decreased my motivation and drive as well. I'm trying to work on it, but it's a struggle.

3. DesyLovesHorses

DesyLovesHorses Registered

I am passionate about training horses the fun way with plenty of freedom!

4. RelaxMax

RelaxMax Senior Member

Horse racing. I could talk the ins, outs, and current news with somebody all day. Unfortunately, no one to really talk to about it.. haha.

Video games. In particular, Witcher 3.

Writing.

Winchester likes this.
  5. loom

loom Senior Member

Dog rescue
    Land Hermit Crab rescue
    Animal welfare/rights
    Aromatherapy (new)
    Weaving
    Cooking
    Cleanliness, neatness and organization
    I'm trying to find my passion for UEB (Unified English Braille)

6. RelaxMax

RelaxMax Senior Member

I want to know more about this.

7. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

Hey, I'll talk to you about racing!! I've been a fan and handicapper for eons!

My passions....horses of course, my dog Fenway (pic included), gardening...I was born and raised on a 440 acre fruit/vegetable farm so it's in my blood, and trying to "right" some of the injustices against animals and humanity in the world.

And I LOVE my Kindle!

RelaxMax likes this.