What Are You Passionate About?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lucky_pine, Jan 7, 2017.

1. MysticRealm

MysticRealm Senior Member

I can be a bit like this too. Sometimes I can get really excited for something, but a lot of the times I like things, and like to do them, but I can be super lazy and drag my feet.

That being said, my passion is dogs. At a time it was horses when I was younger. I used to spend hours and hours at the barn. Whole days, riding 6 times a week for up to 2 hours for 'regular rides'. But slowly that dwindled. I still love horses and you had those great rides jumping high. and slowly my laziness took over and I rode less and less, till I finally sold my horse cause the cost of his upkeep and care was too much to spend when I rode so little.
    Like I said now it's dogs. I can still be lazy with that. I should do even a bit of training everyday and I don't. I should spend more time playing and being with them than I spend on my computer or watching tv. But I love my dogs and cuddling with them and taking training classes with them and showing my own boy and hoping to eventual compete in performance events with all of them.
    This is something I do want to work on. I think a lot of it needs to start with diet and exercise to lose some excess weight and feel healthier and have more energy. I also need to force myself to get out and just do it cause I usually love it once I'm doing it. I definitely like to have things more structured. I like having classes and then being able to work on what the instructor tells me to work on. I'm not as good about finding things to work on on my own.

2. chy3792

chy3792 Senior Member

Besides God and my family I would say my passions are Agriculture, Horses, and Livestock. So basically just all things agriculture.

CowCatcher and Arem like this.
  3. CowCatcher

CowCatcher Senior Member

I consider myself very fortunate as all my passions are connected and what I do everyday.

I love cowhorses, cows and working dogs.

I won't even complain that two days ago I was chipping ice out of my hay grinder in -20 F for two hours so I could get cows fed. Or today I'm going to be in freezing rain "irrigating" so my stack yard doesn't flood.
    I love being able to use my dogs and horses and make good ones by work.

chy3792, JStorry and Arem like this.
  4. Peanut Palomino

Peanut Palomino Senior Member

Family. I didn't realize how important family really is until I joined the military. I've been away for almost 6 years and have missed almost every holiday. It's just not worth it. I'll never live so far from family ever again.

5. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

Horses of course

Taxidermy

Breeding and eating rabbits (and sheep some day)

Hunting

6. equinitis

equinitis Senior Member

Hmmm. The order changes according to events but:
    Family, animals, my job (believe it or not!), my many hobbies that change with the wind; cooking, reading, shooting and firearms, crocheting, drawing, engraving, gardening and my house plants, sewing.

I like to be busy I guess!

@lucky_pine, I feel like we could be friends with the firearms penchant!

lucky_pine likes this.
  7. StarPattern

StarPattern Senior Member

Oh gosh. My ex used to use this as constant ammunition against me, but I am SO passionate about saddle restoration and proper care of leather. I'll talk about it as long as someone will listen. My current boyfriend will just sit and listen to me ramble about it, smile and say, "god, you're adorable when you talk about things I know nothing about".

Also, various nerd hobbies such as website and graphic design.

And most recently, the baseboards in my house. I clean and paint those suckers obsessively. Just the other day, I took wood filler to the "dog hair catching" bevels on the bottom of them. It took me an entire weekend to fill, sand and paint them... but think of all the time I'll save NOT cleaning dog hair off them!

TheSnowLeopard, Varisha and Arem like this.
  8. Breezah

Breezah Senior Member

So, when are you coming to my house to paint my baseboards? Those things need to see some serious love, love which I am not capable of providing. :rofl:

Varisha and CheyAut like this.
  9. StarPattern

StarPattern Senior Member

Don't even joke, because I would. Last night, I scrubbed my floors on my hands and knees and used a knife to swipe the dust out from under my baseboards. I've been doing a lot of home renos and the dust from it settled into all the cracks on my hardwood floors, so I was using windex and a toothpick to clean every single groove.

Pro-tip -- A bit of windex in mop water makes your dark hardwood streak free. I found this out by accident.

Varisha, Breezah and Arem like this.
  10. CheyAut

CheyAut Senior Member

I think you have a problem LOL!!! ;)