1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

What Are You Passionate About?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lucky_pine, Jan 7, 2017.

1. lucky_pine

lucky_pine Senior Member

My absolute favorite thing about really getting to know someone is learning about their passions and seeing how real someone can be when they're talking about it or even doing it.

So what are you passionate about? What do you live for? Why?

Alsosusieq2 and ibsammy like this.
  2. Jim_in_PA

Jim_in_PA Senior Moderator Staff Member

My family, our pets and horses, woodworking, reading, cooking, photography...and the order varies. I could never single out "just one thing"...although clearly the first one always comes first, as it were... :) So I guess just being a really good human being probably is what all those things eventually roll up to.

Dream27 and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  3. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

HORSES.

Any questions?

Varisha, Dream27, CowCatcher and 4 others like this.
  4. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Yup. ^^. .horses mainly. Movies. Supernatural completely and unashamedly...can’t help myself it appears-!!

Books, but I've trouble after cataract surgery reading and my other eye that requires surgery, it's infinitely more complicated to correct it. Used to read at least a couple of books a week but I'll get back to it.

Friesiangirl likes this.
  5. Friesiangirl

Friesiangirl Senior Member

Oh boy. I'm a nerd.

Horses
    Celtic Mythology/Culture
    Archery
    Anime (yep one of those)
    Video games (used to play one at a top 10 world ranking)
    Gymnastics (although a low simmer of passion as I've grown out of it - still love the sport!)
    Camping/hiking adventures
    Star watching
    Physics and math
    Theatre (I stage manage and do light and set design)

Those are the big ones. :D

6. Friesiangirl

Friesiangirl Senior Member

Would maybe a reading tablet like a kindle work? I too love reading and hate the dammed things. But at least you can enlarge the text!

7. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Now I never thought about that. Wow. Thanks a million honestly. I have been so disappointed having difficulty with sizes of text, I never thought about that. Holy cow, thanks -!!

Edited added - thinking outside the box didn't even cross my mind. I love the feel of books but if I had to get used to a different medium, so be it-!!

8. Arem

Arem Senior Member

There are lots of things I like, but as far truly passionate, I suppose I can narrow it down to two.

Horses. Always.
    And Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

Since BJJ is my newly acquired passion, it's a little more exciting at the moment, but I can't imagine life without either of them.

Alsosusieq2 and Friesiangirl like this.
  9. JStorry

JStorry Senior Member

Horses. Cutting. My truck. Trucks in general.

10. CheyAut

CheyAut Senior Member

I didn't think I'd ever want to give up the "book feel" either... until I started using my Kindle Fire. Now, I don't like to use real books (I know, how terrible! LOL). It's so much easier with a Kindle. And I can instantly download any book I desire, vs going to a store and hoping they have it etc. I hadn't read much in years until I started using my Kindle. Now (except very recently as I got addicted to watching Once Upon A Time, even though I"m not a big TV watcher) I read a lot, like I used to so many years ago... all because of the ease of getting books (and getting a free book a month and borrowing a free one via my Amazon Prime helps haha! I've also heard you can borrow ebooks at libraries).

Besides horses, I'm passionate about dogs, especially agility. It's my thing, even above horses. I'm not like real competitive in that I feel the need to "win" or beat others, I just LOVE the sport, LOVE playing it with my dogs, and I LOVE my friends in it <3

ginster, Friesiangirl and Alsosusieq2 like this.