Went off the rails sadly

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cschattner, Mar 15, 2019.

1. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

Well this just sucks. Everything was going great and I freaking crashed and burned.

March 12th I got let go from work thanks to a ****ty new coworker. Apparently I ****ed her off by letting her know she forgot the mail bag for delivery. She gave me attitude basically telling me to go f myself but I didn't say anything I just let it go. A week later I was put under investigation for sleeping on my shift (I wasn't) with them having a "witness". I contested it and they decided the allegations where true and because of WI 1 year probationary period requiring 0 write ups I was subsequently fired. She later admitted to a coworker that she lied. But it was too late to bring that coworker foreword.
    Sadly this resulted in me going off the rails and checking into the mental health facility at the VA for 3 days due to suicidal ideations. I loved my job and that ***** took it away from me.
    I was put on Zoloft which resulted in me worshipping the toilet, having an anxiety attack and sleeping on the floor. The nurses didn't like that too much. So i was switched to lexipro which is much better. Kinda in a blank mind state right now which I'm ok with.
    Got back home yesterday and am cuddling the pets. My dad had them while I was in the loony bin.
    The nurses where great and really nice, the doctor listened as far as I could tell but ya I'm never taking Zoloft again.

Just back to the drawing board. Monday I'm going back to the VA since the nurses suggested I try getting a job there as most of the employees are vets. I have out patient treatment set up already as well.
    The kitchen is getting done still since I already paid for it and I will still be going to visit my sister as I also bought that plane ticket a month ago, no sense in it being wasted.
    All those 60-80hr weeks, weeks of training and sacrafices where for nothing.

2. slc

slc Senior Member

Oh my God I'm so sorry to hear that. What a horrible situation.

3. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

Thank you unfortunately this is basically my life. Nothing lasts long even if I like it. I'm not sure where to go from here. I'm 27 and I feel like i am too far behind everyone. I was pouring money into my retirement through the state employee retirement account and I don't get that back. It's just gone.

4. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

How awful. I hope you can rebound in time. I've been let go from two different jobs due to very convincing liars and bosses that are too easily influenced. Its a terrible feeling and so unjustified.

5. slc

slc Senior Member

Oh no. That's like 10% usually. I could not kiss that goodbye. I'm so sorry.

6. ginster

ginster Senior Member

****. I am so sorry...

7. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

It's silly because they could of chosen to go with a reprimand but decided not to. Darn inmates get away with everything but the staff get steamrolled.
    They wonder why they can't keep anyone.

8. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

I got my letter today and it says to call in regards to my retirement account. Yay I get to talk to people who have no intention of giving my money back.
    It's 6.5% out of each paycheck plus I chose to throw in an editional $50 a check towards my ROTH.

So I guess this is a thing now. My dad gave me two chicks when the last company I worked for left the state's. So today he gave me chicks. 3 silver laced wyandotts and 2 silkies. I ****ing love silkies and he knows this.

Attached Files:

ginster, Dona Worry and bellalou like this.
  9. Jim_in_PA

Jim_in_PA Senior Moderator Staff Member

Very sad to hear about this turn of events. :(

The retirement money "YOU" contributed to the account is yours...they should not be able to keep it. They might have right to their matching contributions, if there are any, because of vesting rules, but not what you put in the account. If it's a 401K, 403B or similar tax deferred plan, make arrangements to roll the money over to the institution of your choice into a roll-over IRA. Your ROTH money is also yours.

cschattner and NBChoice like this.
  10. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

Thanks Jim that's good to know. I can count on you to know the little details like that.